Thoughts on pistol grip stocks.

megalomaniac

never used one, so no input. If the pistol grip hangs on stuff going thru brush or adds any weight to the shotgun, I certainly wouldn't want it. Having gone to a 'less is more' approach after shelving the 10g, I mostly keep stuff simple unless it provides a huge advantage (like switching from a bead to a reflex sight... TOTALLY worth it).

REN

never used one, so no input. If the pistol grip hangs on stuff going thru brush or adds any weight to the shotgun, I certainly wouldn't want it. Having gone to a 'less is more' approach after shelving the 10g, I mostly keep stuff simple unless it provides a huge advantage (like switching from a bead to a reflex sight... TOTALLY worth it).

doesnt add any noticeable weight, at least on the one I have. As far as hanging on brush I never had an issue with it in the 4-5 years I hunted with one personally.

A pistol grip does provide a big advantage whether people believe it or not. It allows a proper wrist alignment on the gun that reduces stress when holding for long periods of time. It also absorbs recoil more natural to the body vs a non pistol grip just using simple physics. there is a reason a lot of precision shooters use them more often then not.

Now on a shotgun that is used more for instinct and moving targets it doesnt make as much sense but for turkeys it is a perfect solution

Hduke86

I have a dedicated turkey gun that has a pistol grip. It definitely helps hold steady. I've had multiple surgeries on my right wrist and holding a normal stock on a shotgun can be a killer. The vertical grip makes it much more comfortable with the recoil coming back into my palm. This is the kind I have 9A0BF4D0-E0E5-4C75-A423-9A2775207ED8.png

puppy

I really like mine, this is my 870 20 ga. 18.5" barrel with a Phoenix Kicklite on it. I am setting up an Encore 20 ga right now and it has an M4 style stock on it too.
20.jpg

Wrangler95

My 935 has a pistol grip that I really like,it makes holding in a shooting position alot easier.Mine has never hung on anything!I guess it is different strokes for different folks!Almost forgot,it soaks up some of the felt recoil which is also a plus!

CHRIS WILSON

Swapped to a pistol grip with adjustable stock on my 20 gauge turkey gun last season. It's definitely a more comfortable hand/wrist position...for me at least. Never had an issue with it hanging or snagging on anything while moving thru the woods. On a standard field/dove gun, it wouldn't feel right but for a dedicated turkey gun with a red dot...it pairs up really well for comfort and control.

Latest posts