Suppressor cover?

Andy S.

I have them on my cans. If nothing more for a heat shield when repeated fire is likely, and to add some layer of cosmetic protection to can. Of concern is "minimal" sight impairment when looking through a scope if scope is mounted extremely low to barrel.

REN

you wont "need" one for hunting. Can get one to protect the can from scratches and dings and some heat protection if you shoot a few times and grab it. Other then that it wont do much for normal hunting scenarios

Range ones though are a very good idea. Keep heat down and allows you to actually touch it if needed, keeps the heat waves out of the view of the scope.

PickettSFHunter

you wont "need" one for hunting. Can get one to protect the can from scratches and dings and some heat protection if you shoot a few times and grab it. Other then that it wont do much for normal hunting scenarios

Range ones though are a very good idea. Keep heat down and allows you to actually touch it if needed, keeps the heat waves out of the view of the scope.
Thanks for that heat wave point. Makes me wonder if it would help with a thermal.

hillbillyfab

The only time I've ever wanted a cover for my cans, is one with a thermal and two when they were hung on a semiautomatic firearm. Generally if we're using a thermal it's on a bolt and we're not burning through rounds.

JArender

I use bandage wrap. it doesn't leave residue and can easily be replaced. I had a cover on mine but had issue where I didn't have it tight or didn't do something right and it would grab a limb and slide half off. The wrap offers enough protection from having a metal clang if bumping stand and aids in protecting the finish. this is the stuff I use I make one wrap from down and back. seems to be ok. I keep a roll I. my pack incase I need to redo in the field when traveling too.

GOETOR Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap 2 Inch x 5 Yards 4 Rolls Breathable Self Adherent Wraps Black Elastic Bandage Tape for Tattoo Grip Cover Sports Wrist Ankle Sprains & Swelling (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VNHSWJ6/

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

NChunt1

I bought one and didn't like it makes it more bulky so in other words I have a Armageddon gear cover for a dead air nomad I will sell you. The bandage idea is what I did and like it much better.

NChunt1

Ya I'm sure it would melt if shot very much but when I'm at the range or sighting in i just unwrap it and shot and wrap it for hunting. It's not a heat shield like real cover just a cheap camo wrap

LY

I use the self-adhesive camo stretch bandage last year as well.

As for melting, it will definitely happen if you start unloading on an animal. For one shot-one kill it won't be a problem and it shouldn't for a follow up shot either. More than that could be a problem, but really, how often have you fired more than twice while deer hunting.

I started out without it, but put it on after accidentally bumping it into the edge of my truck a couple of times and I liked the way the tape broke up its outline.

Latest posts