Recommend a Suppressor

TN Larry

I'm thinking about heading down this rabbit hole and been fighting it for a year. But here we are……lol.

I want it for hunting so looking for something short and light weight. It will need to be able to shoot 30 cal and 6.5. I will also be putting it in a trust.

I've been looking at the Banish Backcountry from Silencer Central.

So, let's hear it……

PickettSFHunter

I'm pleased with my Silencer Central Banish 30. I've ordered one from Silencer Central and a YHM from Silencer Shop. My local silencer shop dealer screwed me over resulting a 5 week delay on the front end. Silencer Central was great at first and throughout the process until it came time for CLEO notification and shipping. That took about 4 more weeks than it should have. Just my experience.

ttf909

Not a fan of silencer central. Think they run a scam actually know they run a scam. I won a standard 22 can from them thru nwtf. Tried to get it and I'm a s.o.t ffl.
Ss , says uh we can't do that transfer dealer to dealer and oh btw do you want to upgrade for 3hundred bucks to our top of the line can? No I just want the can I won . They never called back and wouldn't return my calls of email. Had to get money from nwtf. Be wary of ss.
Silencerco hybrid 46 is for sure the best I have seen and have a couple dozen suppressors personally.

ttf909

One of the dealers linked to silencer shops kiosk is super easy . Buy online thru silencer shop and choose the local dealer with kiosk and go to the store for the finger prints. Wait 30 to 120 days and you got yourself a can with no future fees

Jcalder

One of the dealers linked to silencer shops kiosk is super easy . Buy online thru silencer shop and choose the local dealer with kiosk and go to the store for the finger prints. Wait 30 to 120 days and you got yourself a can with no future fees
I don't think your timeline is correct. Seems a lot of guys are waiting 9+ months regardless of who you use, and lots of complaints about SS adding another useless month to the wait with their bs way of doing business. I won't argue about their ease tho, no one has it more streamlined than they do

NChunt1

I got my dead air nomad ti through capital armory and they ship it right to your house once approved. They also sell finger print cards so that you can do it your self so you never have to leave your house for the whole process

SouthernWino

I'm thinking about heading down this rabbit hole and been fighting it for a year. But here we are……lol.

I want it for hunting so looking for something short and light weight. It will need to be able to shoot 30 cal and 6.5. I will also be putting it in a trust.

I've been looking at the Banish Backcountry from Silencer Central.

So, let's hear it……
I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask here too. How long did it take to get your NFA Trust approved? I have the trust all set up and sent it ATF back in March of '23, but have heard nothing back yet!

Boone25/06

I bought through silencer shop and used Nashville armory as the store. First one took 9 months and the last 2 were filled out 2 months apart and were approved 3 days apart. They took 12 and 10 months and that was right before Christmas. Most are receiving approvals right now between 9-12 months.
Dead air nomad L
Dead air primal
Dead air mask hd
Happy with all so far.

TNRifleman

I bought a Banish Backcountry 30 through Silencer Central the first week of June. I got word 2 weeks ago from them that I will have it in hand in a week or so once they inform local Sheriff and get it shipped. BTW, I shot the banish at the Bergara experience last year and fell in love with it. It's not the quietest but with its weight and length, it's hard to bet for a hunting rifle.

tug

What is your budget?

Do you want max noise suppression, or small size?

Do you want quick release or direct thread? Muzzle devices are $100 each.

Is this an individual, or trust? Trusts cost some to set up.

Do you have a dealer with a rifle range so you can use it while you wait?

You'll probably buy another can, so why not get setup somewhere like Capital Armory?

When someone offers advice (on anything) find out if it is personal experience.

Like everything in life, there is no perfect suppressor, only tradeoffs. Make them intelligently.

Last edited: