Suppressor info

tug

I'm in the market for a suppressor. Looking to get a .30 cal one. Those of you that have one, any pointers are helpful. Thanks.
I would start with defining what you want your can to do. There are no perfect solutions. Only trade offs. The can that can take a belt fed in full auto is not going to be good for taking a cold bore shot at a mountain goat. The titanium can that would be good for climbing at 14,000 feet would not stand up to the belt fed. How many guns are you going to us it on? What kind of guns? Do you want muzzle devices ($75-140 each) or direct thread. There are issues to resolve before you buy. And if you do buy, there are issues on how and where to buy. Good luck.

hillbillyfab

I've got a .30 cal YHM Resonator that has seen anything that will fit through its bore. It was one of the first cans I purchased. I soon realized I wanted to suppress everything we shoot, if possible. I added a .46 cal can and now realize I probably should have went with the big bore can first, because it does everything the YHM does.

TNRifleman

I would start with defining what you want your can to do. There are no perfect solutions. Only trade offs. The can that can take a belt fed in full auto is not going to be good for taking a cold bore shot at a mountain goat. The titanium can that would be good for climbing at 14,000 feet would not stand up to the belt fed. How many guns are you going to us it on? What kind of guns? Do you want muzzle devices ($75-140 each) or direct thread. There are issues to resolve before you buy. And if you do buy, there are issues on how and where to buy. Good luck.
THis is great advice. Answer some of these questions and we can help more. Without answering these questions, all someone is going to do is tell you what their favorite suppressor is.

Hammer

1. Trust or Individual
2. Direct Thread or Muzzle device attached
3. Local shop or Online
4. Titanium or Other

There is no one size fits all suppressor

Latest posts