Summit Stands are the Best stands ever!!

hunttherut

lightsareout":2itxh4zb said:
Snake":2itxh4zb said:
hitek7":2itxh4zb said:
lightsareout said:
i'm sure your arrows didn't stand a chance!

I do love my summit but wish there was a simpler way to attach the seat (or not have to remove to pack the stand out).

Why do you remove the seat to pack the stand out? I have never done this with my Summit...

Yeah I don't understand that either .Summit's IMO best climber !

now you guys got me thinking i'm going to have to check mine out. but i will add, it is easier to climb with it out of the way
Just use the bungee that goes around the tree to wrap the seat up. Then push it forward and climb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ImThere

Rackseeker":26g073sq said:
I will have to disagree, I hate how my Summit goes together to carry it. My API is much better and bites a tree like a pit bull.
I don't know about API but I been thinking about trying one out. Thing is you hardly ever see them in the classifieds where the summits are?

the one and only "ImThere"

tree_ghost

I had an API years ago. I can't remeber the name of it but it was a bow hunter design. It was a very good stand. I thought the plastic coating over the chains didn't hold up great though...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TheLBLman

Rackseeker":37bf12n4 said:
I hate how my Summit goes together to carry it.
Love it or hate it, with experience, it can be quick and quite, especially if you rubber coat much of your stand, then wrap it in camo Gorilla duct tape.
(Gorilla camo duct tape is the only brand I've found that is dull, non-reflective.)

And I usually leave my seat on the climber when packing in/out.

But I admit, it is much more "convenient" to use a ladder stand.
(And the best way to ruin a good spot is to place a ladder stand there.)

hitek7

"](And the best way to ruin a good spot is to place a ladder stand there.)[/quote]

That is not exactly a true statement...our best big deer spots have ladder stands and we see big deer pretty often. Now if you hunt them wrong they can ruin a good spot. A climber can ruin a good spot just as easily as a ladder stand positioned at the correct time.

Rackseeker

TheLBLman":3oc2mslp said:
Rackseeker":3oc2mslp said:
I hate how my Summit goes together to carry it.
Love it or hate it, with experience, it can be quick and quite, especially if you rubber coat much of your stand, then wrap it in camo Gorilla duct tape.
(Gorilla camo duct tape is the only brand I've found that is dull, non-reflective.)

And I usually leave my seat on the climber when packing in/out.

But I admit, it is much more "convenient" to use a ladder stand.
(And the best way to ruin a good spot is to place a ladder stand there.)

144_zps02c57911.jpg

002_zpsee72e4a8.jpg

I just like the way the API fits together and grips the tree, dont get me wrong the summit is a fine stand though.

jimm37870

Man this thing went off track quick. :shock: I didn't mean
for it to become a API or Summit thread. I have had
both , I like my summit better, but hey that is just me.
They are both good stands. There are lots of other
good stands out there. Heck I still use two old Amacker
steel stands and love them. It doesn't matter what
brand it is......wait , it does too. I am not dragging out the baker. :mrgreen:

TheLBLman

jimm37870":3k3ajp87 said:
Heck I still use two old Amacker steel stands and love them.
Those old Amacker stands were the absolute easiest stands to use (and climb QUIETLY) ever made. I still have a couple, but they were a bit narrow new, and have gotten narrower over the years. Being as old as they are now, I wouldn't trust them for climbing

By the way, the only climber I've ever had to "break" while in use was a Summit. I was so glad to be wearing a safety harness ---- weld broke on the top part, while I was sitting, and had been sitting for over an hour ---- almost pitched me out. Sure woke me up.

jimm37870

TheLBLman":1tbbyenf said:
jimm37870":1tbbyenf said:
Heck I still use two old Amacker steel stands and love them.
Those old Amacker stands were the absolute easiest stands to use (and climb QUIETLY) ever made. I still have a couple, but they were a bit narrow new, and have gotten narrower over the years. Being as old as they are now, I wouldn't trust them for climbing

By the way, the only climber I've ever had to "break" while in use was a Summit. I was so glad to be wearing a safety harness ---- weld broke on the top part, while I was sitting, and had been sitting for over an hour ---- almost pitched me out. Sure woke me up.

Mine used to be a lot narrower till I found I had diabetes and had to lose weight. :D They are a lot bigger now. My amackers are old but they still
get used every year. You are right they are quiet and they are steady.

Latest posts