Stan Potts WR 200 incher?!

MRUTVOL

The only problem I would have is if that property that Potts killed that deer on is high fence then the the kill is less than genuine for me . That would make those deer not free roaming as in the real world. Studies have shown that free roaming mature bucks can venture miles from certain properties during the season. A high fence keeps that from happening and so you know the deer is there you just have to find him. Which can be a challenge even with the fence. That is why I think Potts two 200 inchers on public land would be more meaningful but after the Noel Feathers fiasco a few years back I have become less trusting of a lot of these big kills from so called professional hunters who have major indorsements behind them.

tatenn

Just saw where Travis t-bone. And Joe Shultz both have already killed a velvet deer in Kentucky this year too.

BSK said:
Good post bowriter.

I TOTALLY agree (unlike the pp stuff and gut shot trailing)

There is also another way to become a "have", John. I have done the lease with success. Cemented relationships with the landowner, bought a piece of his land, just enough to build a cabin, and now have a place to hunt in Middle Tennessee near public land.

But In Illinois, land is just TOO expensive for ME to become a "have". So "WE" had to become a "have".

This other way of which I speak involves forming a tenancy in common with a few friends, pooling resources, and buying some land. MUCH cheaper and EVERYONE is happy, since 2001.

landman

MRUTVOL said:
The only problem I would have is if that property that Potts killed that deer on is high fence then the the kill is less than genuine for me . That would make those deer not free roaming as in the real world. Studies have shown that free roaming mature bucks can venture miles from certain properties during the season. A high fence keeps that from happening and so you know the deer is there you just have to find him. Which can be a challenge even with the fence. That is why I think Potts two 200 inchers on public land would be more meaningful but after the Noel Feathers fiasco a few years back I have become less trusting of a lot of these big kills from so called professional hunters who have major indorsements behind them.

Its NOT a high fence tract that he's killed these bucks on

Winchester

This is a good example of how Hunting, like so many other things, is becoming a rich mans sport! MONEY cant solve many things but it can get you the very best ground available to hunt on!

Mr.Bro

Its all about priorities guys.I know a group of guys from florida that lease farms close to me.Last i heard they were paying 12$ an acre for about 500 acres.These guys pull their ratty 20 year old campers with their 10 year old trucks up every year.Usually they make 3-4 trips a year.
Most of they guys are in construction.Plumber,framers,electricians.some are laborer workers.The one thing they have in common is they love hunting bigger deer than Florida provides.They do without the finer things in life to lease good properties to hunt on.They are not rich,just love to hunt.
The farmer they lease from told me they were the best thing that ever happened.He said he always had trouble with the locals that were given permission to hunt.They would run their 4 wheelers along the edges of bean fields."What the heck.Its only a couple rows of beans run over."Thats what they told him.Same farmer said one guy bought 3 friends with him to hunt,way to many.Trash left in the woods.Once he found 3 dead does on the edge of a field.The locals just shot em and left em.

He said he never had a problem with the out of staters.They share their game with him and respect his wishes.

Out of staters and leases arent the big problem.

Think about it locals.

Mr.Bro

While we are showing big 8s.Heres mine.

Picture006-2-1.jpg