Stan Potts WR 200 incher?!

Not true.

It is an eight point in velvet. Looks like about a 150. Nice buck.

The lease he shares with Knight and Hale and a couple others is around 2200 acres in Ky. THey pay 33,000 per year.

Shed Hunter

102 said:
Not true.

It is an eight point in velvet. Looks like about a 150. Nice buck.

The lease he shares with Knight and Hale and a couple others is around 2200 acres in Ky. THey pay 33,000 per year.

That price isn't too bad. If it was 200000 acres anyways.

Winchester

Very good 8 pt! Super piece of property too, wasnt hunted for several years when they started on it last year.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I have a 145" 8pt and I promise you, a 155 is huge. Mine only has a 14" inside spread. If he had had more spread he would have really been something. Drury killed a 180 something 8-pt. Consider that.

As for the price tag for the 2200 acres. Consider this. Both a Mercdes and Yugo are cars and will get you from point A to point B. However, they have a slightly different price tag. You pay for quality. That 2200 acres is a quality piece of ground. At 11K per guy, it is a steal when you consider the money those big deer make them. That is what they do. They hunt deer. The bigger the deer they kill, the more money they make.

Simple economics.

W.Seay

bowriter said:
I have a 145" 8pt and I promise you, a 155 is huge. Mine only has a 14" inside spread. If he had had more spread he would have really been something. Drury killed a 180 something 8-pt. Consider that.

As for the price tag for the 2200 acres. Consider this. Both a Mercdes and Yugo are cars and will get you from point A to point B. However, they have a slightly different price tag. You pay for quality. That 2200 acres is a quality piece of ground. At 11K per guy, it is a steal when you consider the money those big deer make them. That is what they do. They hunt deer. The bigger the deer they kill, the more money they make.

Simple economics.

X2

jb3

150" for an 8 is huge.

I have an 8 that scored 143 and I thought that was a beast. Passed a 9 pt last year that had good mass but was not outside his ears. More mass and tine length than what I thought because he scored 140".

BSK

A 150 8-pointer is a monster 8-pointer.

This 2001 EHD victim grossed a hair under 150. He was 5 1/2 years old:

DeadBuckb.jpg

This 6 1/2 year-old 8-point buck is probably pretty close to 150:

buck1106e.jpg

buck1106f.jpg

Winchester

bowriter said:

Simple economics.
And after all this, the life of a professional TV hunter sucks like a Hoover right!! :grin:

Doskil

Why would anyone pay 33,000 a year for a lease in a state that allows you only to shoot 1 buck?

bowriter

R.I.P.
Simple. They did not pay that much. They each paid $11,000. Now that is comparable to a construction man buying a $100,000 piece of equipment. For what they do and need, that is cheap.

Now think about this.

I hear all this talk about Potts not being a hunter, just climbing a tree and having a deer driven by him, hunting over bait etc.

Where are messers Knight and Hale's monster bucks? They are supposed to be pretty good hunters and could sure use the positive promotion for one or more of their products. I assume, event hought they have been bought out, they still have an interest in promoting how well their products work. Can't they afford bait?

Eleven K each, that of course is written off as a business expense, is not a great deal for what they get. In Stan's case, I wouold not besurprised if NAH isn't picking up the tab. That's pretty cheap to get two shows like that in the can in two years.

Of course, the rub is, someone has to find deer that size, place the stand and make the shot. If bait is the answer, where are all the other guys from Diddly Dump, KY with their monster bucks?

If I was young,cared anything about big antlers and could afford it, I'd sure jump on something like that. I spect many of you would too.

MRUTVOL

Bowriter I know you are in love with Potts and you and him go back a ways and I agree he is a good hunter but as a person he is a first class Jerk. He was at a banquet I was at a few years back and he was full of himself and turned me off pretty much. The reactions he has on his shows are pretty much phony as far as I am concerned. He acts like he has never killed a big buck . At least he could act like he has done it b/4 and act the professional he is supposed to be. IMO

Roost 1

Knight and Hale kill plenty of nice deer in their high fence pen and in other places as well.....May not be hyped up as much as Pott's or need the exposure in that way...I would say all their sponsors are footing that bill. The only skill invovled here is Stan making a shot and the camaraman telling him when to do...farm manager doing all the leg work. Most of us from diddly dump dont have that luxury.....it must be nice to be rich and famous sounds like you know all about it.......................

landman

I know those 3 are NOT footing the bill, more than those 3 hunting there, just smart business on their part

The Buck grossed 150" main frame 9 with 4 stickers around the bases that are over an inch

rem270

MRUTVOL said:
Bowriter I know you are in love with Potts and you and him go back a ways and I agree he is a good hunter but as a person he is a first class Jerk. He was at a banquet I was at a few years back and he was full of himself and turned me off pretty much. The reactions he has on his shows are pretty much phony as far as I am concerned. He acts like he has never killed a big buck . At least he could act like he has done it b/4 and act the professional he is supposed to be. IMO

I would much rather watch him get excited over every deer he shoots than watch any of the Realtree guys (especially Bill Jordan) shoot a 180" deer and just put the gun down and talk like nothing has even just happened. Potts is the real deal. He puts his time in and loves to hunt.

Latest posts