Chickencoop96

I agree 100 % about the bear and hogs. My son and I were lucky enough to get to camp and hunt in the snow in Tellico last December. He was fortunate enough to get a nice 8 pt. They are a few nice bucks still there but most are dying of old age. Few deer hunters anymore.
Them old bucks are hard to get to no matter where you hunt. they are especially hard to get a hold of in South Cherokee it seems. but that only means they've been able to breed their whole lives. and idk about that I see more and more folks getting into it as the years go on. I will say that most of them would rather hunt smaller tracts or private lands. Idk bout anyone else but I enjoy hunting somewhere big and wild.

Willysman

Them old bucks are hard to get to no matter where you hunt. they are especially hard to get a hold of in South Cherokee it seems. but that only means they've been able to breed their whole lives. and idk about that I see more and more folks getting into it as the years go on. I will say that most of them would rather hunt smaller tracts or private lands. Idk bout anyone else but I enjoy hunting somewhere big and wild.
I was referring to the SC when I said few deer hunters anymore. Before there were deer in our back yards you could set on a ridge and hear them 06's (except for that 35 my brother always carried. When you heard it there was dragging to do) going off in all directions. Now you rarely ever hear a shot. But I'll be there as long as the Good Lord allows.

Here are some south Cherokee deer any you guys want to tag alone I can show you around but like others have said they are like ghost
I am thinking about going in and camping there next season , I already have a lot of boot and ground work put into Hawkins county for this year so gonna hunt there and some private I have , years ago I hunted what is now windrock , I've killed some brutes in there , I loved the mountain and the terrain and the bucks I seen in there were the largest I have ever seen in my life , including Iowa , Illinois , all that , with this being said I'm use to mountains , just trying to find a good starting point and an area to camp with my wife and in a tent , wondering if u could give me any tips on this . My taxidermist took me in the forest were he killed a monster many years ago I never went back there , it was back towards double camp I think was the name of it . Your help would be appreciated im wanting to camp about 5 days and hunt see how it goes probably rifle season . Thanks for your input God Bless

Willysman

I am thinking about going in and camping there next season , I already have a lot of boot and ground work put into Hawkins county for this year so gonna hunt there and some private I have , years ago I hunted what is now windrock , I've killed some brutes in there , I loved the mountain and the terrain and the bucks I seen in there were the largest I have ever seen in my life , including Iowa , Illinois , all that , with this being said I'm use to mountains , just trying to find a good starting point and an area to camp with my wife and in a tent , wondering if u could give me any tips on this . My taxidermist took me in the forest were he killed a monster many years ago I never went back there , it was back towards double camp I think was the name of it . Your help would be appreciated im wanting to camp about 5 days and hunt see how it goes probably rifle season . Thanks for your input God Bless
Several good places to camp along Doublecamp creek. From there you've got Rocky Flats trail, Crowder Branch trail and Mill Branch trail. Up the Doublecamp road there is a trail to the right at Farr Gap that takes you to the Crowder place, an old apple orchard, and on to Big Fodderstack. All rough country
There are some nice bucks but they are scarce

timberjack86

Several good places to camp along Doublecamp creek. From there you've got Rocky Flats trail, Crowder Branch trail and Mill Branch trail. Up the Doublecamp road there is a trail to the right at Farr Gap that takes you to the Crowder place, an old apple orchard, and on to Big Fodderstack. All rough country
We was up around farr gap back during the October bear hunt. I saw alittle deer sign but man it's rough in there!

Am I better off to go more towards like Polk county ocoee area ?

Latest posts