South Cherokee long read sorry

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Well first set in south Cherokee for the year and boy did it not disappoint. So here is what went down. Got in saddle about 530 and about 30min into my sit in the dark I heard 2 deer walk by and I thought great they are moving early. So me being stubborn I didn't take a jacket and I found out about daylight that was a mistake when the wind picked up so I am setting 30 yards off a thicket that is about 100 yards long and 70 yards wide and open woods all around it now about 902 I hear to my right a deer grunt and I knew that it was fixen to get good now this deer was on other side of thicket that is about 100 yards from me at most I can't see the deer but he is walking the thicket grunting load now when I say load I was surprised for a minute I thought someone was playing a joke on me but he grunted about 30times walking away so I new it was early n the year but I was desperate so I grabbed my grunt call and hit it and he grunted back in the distance so it went silent for about 10min and then I here the grunt again and it's in front of me just over the top of this flat I'm on and then I here a second grunt well by this time I can tell they are 2 bucks a deep grunt and a high pitch grunt and they ant 60 yard put just out of sight they hang up there and grunt probably 30 more times and I'm silent thinking they will try and get down wind but the wind is in my favor so bow in hand shaking so bad I wasn't sure I could even make a shot even if I get the opportunity then they break away and head just over the top grunting as they walk off between the 2 I bet they grunted 100 times I have never heard deer grunt so loud and so many times and not to be the rut so I never laid eyes on them just could here them now I will dream about the giants of South Cherokee in my sleep going to rain in the morning so no hunt for me but I will be back next weekend and plan on hunting all day to try and see if I can close the deal but if I get tore up like I did today it will be a dang fun hunt

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
You could be right, sounds like hogs. I know Travis though and he is deer slayer. Won't matter when he tags out before Thanksgiving.
I put a camera up on the trail they came down and they use very frequently I will know what is using that trail by next weekend if I had got up on the mountain early in the year snd hung a camera I would know what was using that top this year but u was a slacker. Just glad I carry camera in my bag

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Just something to consider. Amazing how similar the two can sound at times :)
Yes it is I just figured since bear and hog training season had just ended frinday at midnight that hogs and bear would be pushed out for a few days but like I told timberjack I had a camera in my bag and i put it on the trail I shall know by next Saturday morning. If deer I plain on hunting all day next Saturday

timberjack86

I put a camera up on the trail they came down and they use very frequently I will know what is using that trail by next weekend if I had got up on the mountain early in the year snd hung a camera I would know what was using that top this year but u was a slacker. Just glad I carry camera in my bag
If you dont care keep my updated on what you see.

Latest posts