Smokeless Son's New Smokeless

Smokeless

TN Larry

I decided last year that I was going to buy my son a mzl for this year. I had a .243 NEF that I sent to H&R for a 45/70 barrel and then on to slufoot for the conversion. I have drug my feet getting the scope mounted and tinkering with it, but he is now ready to go.

I shot it for the first time on Saturday and got it basically in the dot at 40 yards with xtps. I got it out last night and jumped out to 100 with Barnes Expander and using a spotlight to see the target (hate this time change :) ). The first shot was three inches high and perfect left and right. After a slight adjustment down, shots two and three were high in the dot and nearly touching. I may shoot it one more time at a cooler temperature, but he is ready to go as a 75 yard shot will be a long one where he will be. It may do a little more tinkering possibly but think that it's going to be a shooter and no knurling involved.

I'm tickled and not bad for a 7yo's gun.

56gr H4198 and 195gr Barnes

Deer Assassin

awesome

but the funny thing is you got less money in it than a lot do with reg ml and you dont have to clean it and it will kill deer all day long at long distances if needed

why any one would spend money on a reg inline is nuts (exception when it is required by hunt or the state )

waiting on kill pics

tasaman

Are you going to shorten the stock? I have a 9 yo that still can't hold any rifle properly except a Cricket. Yep, he's a lil one. lol Custom may be his only hope or wait till he grows. Funny his brother is 2 years older and fits an adult rifle just fine.

TN Larry

tasaman said:
Are you going to shorten the stock? I have a 9 yo that still can't hold any rifle properly except a Cricket. Yep, he's a lil one. lol Custom may be his only hope or wait till he grows. Funny his brother is 2 years older and fits an adult rifle just fine.

No, it fits him fine. He is very tall for his age though.

Deer beware if the wind is right for a particular spot on Sat eve. :)

Latest posts