Smoked pork for co-workers

kdxdude

I spent my Sunday smoking 25 lbs of pork for my co-workers to enjoy on Monday. I also smoked 2 whole deer t-loins for dinner Sunday. Enjoy the pics.
HPIM1009.jpg

HPIM1010.jpg

HPIM1015.jpg

HPIM1017.jpg

HPIM1011.jpg

HPIM1012-1.jpg

HPIM1014.jpg

kdxdude

TNLynn said:
Did you marinate the t-loins??

Yes, I use Moore's Marinade, natural tenderizer, Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning & sugar. I smoked em & took em to 145 internal temp. A little too done for my liking, should have pulled em at 140 internal. They were good & tender & fairly moist. The BBQ sauce I used to dip em in helped. Good Luck to Ya!!!

WTM

kdxdude said:
TNLynn said:

Yes, I use Moore's Marinade, natural tenderizer, Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning & sugar. I smoked em & took em to 145 internal temp. A little too done for my liking, should have pulled em at 140 internal. They were good & tender & fairly moist. The BBQ sauce I used to dip em in helped. Good Luck to Ya!!!

have you ever tried some of that cajun injector seasoning into the backstraps? i wonder if that would keep them really moist? i know it does real good for wild turkey.

kdxdude

WTM said:
kdxdude said:
TNLynn said:

have you ever tried some of that cajun injector seasoning into the backstraps? i wonder if that would keep them really moist? i know it does real good for wild turkey.

Never used it on backstraps, I have on turkey. I bet it would work great. Thanks man!

Charlie's Army

Great... I am making going to try to smoke a butt for tacos and nachos and am trying to get a good game plan together.... I will also be trying my first ABTs I am trying to find a good recipe for that too if you have any suggestions...

kdxdude

Charlie's Army said:
Great... I am making going to try to smoke a butt for tacos and nachos and am trying to get a good game plan together.... I will also be trying my first ABTs I am trying to find a good recipe for that too if you have any suggestions...

www.thesmokering.com, in the appetizers section there is a thread called "The Basics of ABT's" by AlienBBQ. There are a bunch of good recipes for em. I used Banana Peppers awhile back as the jalapenos were a little too hot for my liking. Good Luck man!!

Latest posts