Ruger’s pork steak

rem270

Wouldn't have the first clue as to what he put on it but dang they were good.

Kind of a funny. Last Fri night he cooked them. Myself and his buddy Kenny were watching him get the grill fired up. He had the lighter fluid dumping on his charcoal. We thought he was gonna put the whole bottle on it and were laughing about it.

Halfway thru my wife eating hers he looked over and thought it was too burnt so got up and got her a hamburger steak he'd cooked. So I finished hers and she polished off a hamburger steak as well. Wasn't a thing wrong with the pork steak but it wasn't to his liking. He even text me on Saturday and apologized for it in which I told him it was still 🔥 because it was.

cbhunter

Kind of a funny. Last Fri night he cooked them. Myself and his buddy Kenny were watching him get the grill fired up. He had the lighter fluid dumping on his charcoal. We thought he was gonna put the whole bottle on it and were laughing about it.

Halfway thru my wife eating hers he looked over and thought it was too burnt so got up and got her a hamburger steak he'd cooked. So I finished hers and she polished off a hamburger steak as well. Wasn't a thing wrong with the pork steak but it wasn't to his liking. He even text me on Saturday and apologized for it in which I told him it was still 🔥 because it was.
He literally took cooking personal and wanted everything perfect for sure. Another testament to his character

Hduke86

Yea couldn't wait for me to get over there before yall ate mine

JCDEERMAN

In honor of our friend RUGER, we made pork steaks tonight covered in Strawberry's seasoning. Never met the man in person, but he and our convos were on my mind. God bless…

IMG_8917.jpeg

IMG_8918.jpeg

Shag

In honor of our friend RUGER, we made pork steaks tonight covered in Strawberry's seasoning. Never met the man in person, but he and our convos were on my mind. God bless…

View attachment 222522
View attachment 222523
That looks awesome! I got my Strawberry's seasoning in the mail today. Never made it to the butcher and I'm afraid I won't have time tomorrow either. Daughter is chomping at the bit for turkey chasing tomorrow.

JCDEERMAN

That looks awesome! I got my Strawberry's seasoning in the mail today. Never made it to the butcher and I'm afraid I won't have time tomorrow either. Daughter is chomping at the bit for turkey chasing tomorrow.
It was great! These steaks are hard to find. My local grocery had 2 of them (which surprised me), so I bought both. One will be for a later date. What I like the most about these is the price…$2.49/lb. Got 2 steaks for just over $5 after tax. So cheap and so good. My wife isn't a pork fan, but loved this. Will be doing more for sure. I need more Strawberry's.

More importantly, go help your daughter get a bird tomorrow - best of luck!!! My girl is still a year or two out from "actually hunting", but we still go "hunting". Let us know how you do.

TboneD

I find it really something how the good Lord used a friend of so many of y'all to bless you with one of His common yet overlooked graces, the lowly pork steak. And trust me on this. All kinds of things will make you continually recall your loved one who's gone before you.

Where finishing college in the St Louis area of southern IL, Greenville, if someone mentioned BBQ, they likely were talking about grilled pork steaks basted with a sauce that was just as likely Maul's. Haven't used that sauce in decades but hot n fast thin sliced or smoked and braised thicker cut, we grill em often when the neighborhood grocer puts pork butts on sale. Any legit grocer will be more than happy to cut one into pork steaks to your desired thickness. Just freeze the steaks you don't need for another time.

Think I need to order me some of Ruger's Strawberry seasoning as well. It's a beautiful day for grilling, folks. And God is so good to give us special people in our lives. Spend good times with em while you can.

Shag

I never got around to calling or making it to the good butcher this weekend. I had to go to the grocery store once we got outa the woods this morning. Actually found a 4 pack on sale for $10.01…but they were just about an inch thick, maybe. Not to be deterred, I bought em, brought em home and gave them a good douse of the Strawberry's and they've been chilling in the fridge since about noon. Fixing to make up some tater salad so it can chill too (I like cold tater salad). Then, I'll throw the steaks on the grill in a little bit. That with some beans and breaded/fried morels is what's on the menu tonight.

7mm08

I never got around to calling or making it to the good butcher this weekend. I had to go to the grocery store once we got outa the woods this morning. Actually found a 4 pack on sale for $10.01…but they were just about an inch thick, maybe. Not to be deterred, I bought em, brought em home and gave them a good douse of the Strawberry's and they've been chilling in the fridge since about noon. Fixing to make up some tater salad so it can chill too (I like cold tater salad). Then, I'll throw the steaks on the grill in a little bit. That with some beans and breaded/fried morels is what's on the menu tonight.
What time??

mike243

While you all are out turkey hunting hunt you down a hickory shag bark tree. pull some of the bark off and take home, when you get ready to cook them pork steaks throw a little on the fire right as you put them on. That will kick them over the top.

Latest posts