Steak!

Mud Creek

I did a strip, wife had a ribeye. Easily one of the best I ever had!

20231025_192551.jpg
20231025_192642.jpg

Mud Creek

Cooked perfect. Did you just grill it or sous vide or anything special? Also, how do you do your asparagus? I want to find a better method
What @JCDEERMAN said. The asparagus? How was it done? Looks delicious?.

Thanks! All pretty simple really. Steaks were laid on counter so they came to room temp, Rubbed with olive oil, kosher salt and fresh black pepper. I cooked them in a hot cast iron skillet giving it a butter bath during the process. I only used the touch method, when they felt right I removed from the skillet and onto a plate to rest.

Asparagus: Chop ends off, toss in a bowl with olive oil, S&P, then onto a foil lined cookie sheet, cooked at 350 for 10 minutes, then tossed again with a little paprika(mostly just for some color lol)and back in the oven for a little longer until they're done. When they come out I Sprinkle Parm. On top of them and toss it. Not sure what made me start doing it but I do it every time now and I love it.

JCDEERMAN

Asparagus: Chop ends off, toss in a bowl with olive oil, S&P, then onto a foil lined cookie sheet, cooked at 350 for 10 minutes, then tossed again with a little paprika(mostly just for some color lol)and back in the oven for a little longer until they're done. When they come out I Sprinkle Parm. On top of them and toss it. Not sure what made me start doing it but I do it every time now and I love it.
Thanks - I'll try that. Normally when I do it in the oven, it gets mushy….BUT I normally pour the olive oil on it once it's laid out, so there is excess. Your way looks to crispy them up a little more. Will try that method

JCDEERMAN

Great way to do green beans as well.
And I do that with all other veggies - don't know why I didn't think of that for asparagus. I typically cut up squash, zucchini, onions, peppers and put into a gallon ziplock with olive oil and shake around. Then lay out and sprinkle seasonings on top. Will be doing asparagus and green beans soon!

Just got done getting a roast put together in the crockpot. Will be good tonight!

Latest posts