Ruger’s pork steak

Shag

I don't know how many times I've seen guys talking about Ruger's famous pork steaks. Would anyone happen to have the recipe and care to share?

I've seen him posting fried fish for years. But I dont really care for fried foods. That grilled pork steak would be right up my alley, though!

Even though I don't care for fried foods, I'm sure gonna miss seeing those paper plates loaded up with it. 😢

Shag

I guess this should be a lesson to all of us. I've read about his pork steaks for years, just didn't want to bother him by asking. If I had asked him last week, I'm sure he would have gladly shared the recipe. If you want to know something, you should have asked yesterday…today is all we have. No promise of tomorrow. 😔

RIP Daniel. I'm sure gonna miss you…especially here in the cooking forum.

scn

Yes, he would have told you the secret seasoning and most likely sent you a jar!

Daniel was one of the kindest men I have ever known. He would give a friend the shirt off his back. Of course, there would likely be no sleeves on the shirt!

Pork steaks cut to about 1.25". Heavily seasoned with STRAWBERRY'S seasoning. Cooked over hot charcoal until about medium. Don't overcook.

I've tried, but while mine have been good, just not as awesome as his.

Enjoy, and think about our awesome friend as you eat!

Shag

Yes, he would have told you the secret seasoning and most likely sent you a jar!

Daniel was one of the kindest men I have ever known. He would give a friend the shirt off his back. Of course, there would likely be no sleeves on the shirt!

Pork steaks cut to about 1.25". Heavily seasoned with STRAWBERRY'S seasoning. Cooked over hot charcoal until about medium. Don't overcook.

Thanks! This is gonna be on the grill next chance I get! Wish I could toast him with a little Crown…but I don't care for liquor. Guinness will have to do. 😂

JCDEERMAN

RUGER knew how to cook. I always asked him how he cooked certain things and he always responded. I told him once that I couldn't find that strawberry seasoning. He PM'd me asking for my address to send me some no charge. I wasn't going to let him do that and found it on Amazon and ordered it. Just ran out actually. We talked a lot on PM's about food. His crockpot ribs were amazing. Man, will miss his presence. I think I met him at a TNDEER golf tournament years ago, but can't quite remember. Such a good guy all around. I also remember his queso on asparagus. We still do that. Rest high buddy

Omega

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

mike243

Ruger shared the picture of it several months ago, 24oz jug. I smoked 18+ lbs of Boston Butts weds night for the wife to take to work. I love pork steaks but prefer 1/2"-3/4", don't be afraid to shake on some flavor.

Hduke86

I've tried numerous times to grill pork steak like Ruger but it always came up short. He could toss the thing in a dumpster and kick across the parking lot and I would still walk over there,pick it up, brush it off, and enjoy it cause hands down it wa the best. Sure am going to miss meeting up with @rem270 @gasman @RUGER for those parking lot cookouts.

Latest posts