Shooting at Reelfoot

Displaced_Vol

Don't know any parties involved and this seems a crazy story. Would like to know the full extent of it but first and foremost prayers for the families & friends affected.

jag1

My buddy who has that blind says they had issues back in Dec but everyone thought it was all over with. I guess he seen a lot less people in there today and wasn't over it.
Sorry for all involved and for you as well as you knew them. I hunted up there years ago with several fraternity brothers after we first graduated college. Two of them lived right off the lake. After a few years of seeing how things rolled up there I decided to hunt elsewhere. Not opposed to going back but would have to be under the right circumstances. Sad and crazy. I just can't make sense of it. Again, prayers for them and you.

flyinpro

Having never hunted that area, and honestly not too sure where this happened but, the more I hear of things such as fights and shootings, I'm not interested in hunting around fools and idiots. It's sad and I hope the details come out. Sad day for hunting & families.

double browtine

What a sad situation for all involved. Prayers for all of the families and friends.

With this happening on public land, I could see a lot of rules changing in the future. They just might do away with the permanent blind spots and make them all draw spots.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
🚨🚨BREAKING: TBI Special Agents are asking for help in locating a person of interest in a double homicide investigation in Obion County. David Vowell, 70, of Martin is considered armed and dangerous. If you have seen him or know where he may be located call 1-800-TBI-FIND.

The deceased individuals in this incident, which occurred on Reelfoot Lake in Obion County this morning, have been identified as Chance Black (DOB: 5/2/94) and Zachery Grooms (DOB: 5/5/95), both of Weakley County.

If you were on or near the north end of Reelfoot Lake this morning and heard or saw anything that might help Agents in this investigation, call 1-800-TBI-FIND
1611656677230.jpeg

ewc

It's an educated guess that he drowned.

He wasn't found yesterday with all that were looking for him. I suspect that every blind on that lake has been searched. Law enforcement would've had planes or helicopters up searching. They found his truck and trailer. Several posts on fb said they found his boat (not substantiated by law enforcement)

He's 70. Not exactly an athlete. I think he drowned.

Tom Collins

There are some good people on Reelfoot, but from my experiences most are some of the most selfish jerks I've ever meet. It's always something there. State needs to get it under control. I wouldn't bring my son there, always drama of some sort. And all over a duck.

TheLBLman

So sad, everything about this. It didn't need to happen.
But this could have happened anywhere, imo, nothing to do with the fact it happened at Reelfoot.

Prayers and condolences for the families of all involved.

We may never know exactly what happened, what triggered the shooting.
We just all agree no duck or deer is worth a man's life.

It's an educated guess that he drowned.
. . . . . . .
He's 70. Not exactly an athlete. I think he drowned.

I also suspect he is deceased.
However, he actually was an Olympic-grade swimmer, and my understanding is he was in very good physical condition for a 70-yr-old man. And, he knew the lake and the surrounding area very well, his family having a vacation home at Walnut Log for over 50, maybe 100 years.

flyinpro

There are some good people on Reelfoot, but from my experiences most are some of the most selfish jerks I've ever meet. It's always something there. State needs to get it under control. I wouldn't bring my son there, always drama of some sort. And all over a duck.
I've heard so much bad stuff, I wouldn't go unless I was with some good guys who knew the lay of the turf up there. Can't imagine losing a son or friend this way.

TheLBLman

There are some good people on Reelfoot, but from my experiences most are some of the most selfish jerks I've ever meet. It's always something there.
I would have to disagree with you about this.
The people there are mostly good people, just like most other rural areas of Tennessee.

We typically only hear about "newsworthy" traumatic events, not the everyday happenings.

What happened yesterday with the duck hunters' conflict could have happened anywhere.

flyinpro

But this could have happened anywhere, imo, nothing to do with the fact it happened at Reelfoot.

However, he actually was an Olympic-grade swimmer, and my understanding is he was in very good physical condition for a 70-yr-old man. And, he knew the lake and the surrounding area very well, his family having a vacation home at Walnut Log for over 50, maybe 100 years.
True, it can and does happen anywhere & everywhere. For me I hate to hear of these things happening in the out of doors.
Might never know what happened.

Tom Collins

Yes sir, it could've, but it's not like it's an isolated incident. This isn't the first time it's happened at Reelfoot nor will it be the last

The Reelfoot locals are extremely territorial, to a flaw. It's a shame. I understand and respect the history of the locals and the lake, it's just always been off the rails over there and needs to brought under control. Seems like every other year someone's blind gets torched.

Spurhunter

Yes sir, it could've, but it's not like it's an isolated incident. This isn't the first time it's happened at Reelfoot nor will it be the last

The Reelfoot locals are extremely territorial, to a flaw. It's a shame. I understand and respect the history of the locals and the lake, it's just always been off the rails over there and needs to brought under control. Seems like every other year someone's blind gets torched.
This. It's been that way for years and years. What's odd is it doesn't seem that way with fishing. Only duck hunting.

Latest posts