Shooting at Reelfoot

PJones

He and his friend were duck hunting this morning. They were approached by another duck hunter over swing ducks and got into an argument. The man shot him and his friend

flyinpro

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is "Swing Shooting". I understand being in a blind and shooting left to right, but between blinds???

whole things sounds criminal to me. Prayers

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is "Swing Shooting". I understand being in a blind and shooting left to right, but between blinds???

When a blind is working birds and they make circles around the hole sometimes they will fly over other blinds
If you shoot at them that is swing shooting
Not a cool practice in the duck hunting world

cbhunter

When you are on open water, you can see several blinds around. They have to be a certain distance away but cant recall the exact rule. But just say you are working some ducks and they are circling your blind checking you out. If they swing out wide enough, and get within what the other guys think is a reasonable shot in the next blind, they could shoot at the ducks that you are working.

Edit: Ruger explained it better

WilcoKen

A very common occurrence on public land. Say my blind is working ducks and they will tend to "swing" around the field for 1 or 2 passes. While swinging, they will pass in the vicinity of a neighboring blind and get shot at (usually way out of range) and the ducks I was working are now gone. It happens all the time.

X-Tennessean

Out of respect for all involved I will remain silent. I wish we as a group would show respect and do the same. NO I was not there but know 1 of each of the parties involved and know one REALLY well. Neither of us know what caused it to escalate and therefore no need to be calling anyone names or wishing bad upon them.
I will say IT WAS NOT OVER SHOOTING SWINGING DUCKS..
Lets pull together and offer prayers to all involved and their families.

Latest posts