scent control clothing

diamond hunter

OK,I got me some scent loc stuff pretty expensive but nice quality and should be warm so I went for it.I also bought one of those scent closets for my camp.Now,tree stand height,I guess Im just going to get high as possible and still be locked in and safe.I heard someone say that sweating on your way to stand was a big no no ,Im going to work on carrying my coat on a cold day and wiping off my face and neck of sweat and then what? put it in a bag?

cozy23

I have also followed John Eberhart. I picked up an early season Scent Lok suit over the summer for a really good deal.

I'm not willing to spend the energy/effort to go to the extremes he does but I want the advantage either way.

I play the wind and also walk as slowly as I can to the stand because I sweat a lot.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
As a fox and coyote trapper for going on 50 years i will bet you a few grand my cocker spaniel can find you, track you anywhere with you wearing any of the scent free, non-scented gimmickery on the market today.

Wear blue jeans, carhartts or golf shorts and get upwind. Then stay upwind and kill a good 'un.............it's too easy.

GRIT

Some hunters give deer way to much credit on how smart they are..If you will just wash your clothes in baking soda and go sit still 99% of the time a deer will never know your there.
Save your money

ImThere

ChippewaPartners":759oky2p said:
As a fox and coyote trapper for going on 50 years i will bet you a few grand my cocker spaniel can find you, track you anywhere with you wearing any of the scent free, non-scented gimmickery on the market today.

Wear blue jeans, carhartts or golf shorts and get upwind. Then stay upwind and kill a good 'un.............it's too easy.
i was waiting for my ol' dog can find you. Lol. I would like to try this some day. No it ain't worth a few grand to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zulu

diamond hunter":2ywx5qrt said:
Im going to buy the scent crusher cabinet ....

Wouldn't it be cheaper and just as effective to put a $30 ozone generator in a cheap Rubbermaid locker? Or just skip the locker if you have a spare closet and put the ozone generator in there.

infoman jr.

Zulu":11aaecq7 said:
diamond hunter":11aaecq7 said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper and just as effective to put a $30 ozone generator in a cheap Rubbermaid locker? Or just skip the locker if you have a spare closet and put the ozone generator in there.
Quite a bit cheaper to make your own. You can save $120 or so.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product...sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A14RWX6MHB1OA5
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-40-Gallon-151-Liter-Wheeled-Industrial-Tote/48194359

Zulu

infoman jr.

Zulu":3kizl0o9 said:
infoman jr.":3kizl0o9 said:

I guess great minds think alike :tu: . I did the same thing, just used a slightly cheaper generator. Works like a champ so far.
I haven't built mine yet, but it looks identical to a Scent Crusher tote as far as I can tell.

fairchaser

ImThere":20j1o2f3 said:
diamond hunter":20j1o2f3 said:
OK,I don't know where the deer will come from on most stands I hunt.Like field edges for example,do I want the wind to be blowing into the field?What if I'm 25 yards inside the edge where many bucks have rubs and scent check? Is one of the scent control tricks to study currents and try to get higher up in the tree,say 25 feet? One of the biggest problems I have is that people say "play the wind" I would love to but I just don't know how to play it.Do I want the wind to be where I'm watching,where deer are coming from,where they are going? Which way is playing the wind?
If I get in clean and wind under 5 mph I don't worry about the wind a lot in the morning
I want the wind blowing in my face and hopefully I'm looking where they are coming from
I usually hunt around 25' depends on the canopy, terrain features and how far I feel I need to be able to see to prep for the shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind when hunting the wind is that deer won't walk in with a tail wind anymore than you would walk into a strange bar blindfolded. Set up to catch deer accessing the area with a cross wind.

Winchester

infoman jr.":2nsm65u6 said:
Zulu":2nsm65u6 said:
diamond hunter":2nsm65u6 said:

Quite a bit cheaper to make your own. You can save $120 or so.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product...sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A14RWX6MHB1OA5
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-40-Gallon-151-Liter-Wheeled-Industrial-Tote/48194359

Good advice!!

Deer Whisperer

Regardless of the type of clothing you use, don't wear your outer layer or boots anywhere but outside. I don't put on my boots until I'm out of the truck. If usually don't put on my outer layer until I'm all the way in the tree stand. I carry my boots in a separate bag and they never touch anything in my house or car.

Latest posts