Saturday Hopps

Spurhunter

Comedy Crypto GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Bamamonts

Tennessee didn't even look like the same team. The refs missed a couple calls in the Tennessee game like the A&M coach running out on the court. That was crazy. Tennessee looked tired to me. Shots were short and they missed several free throws. They really do have a good team and have a chance to be a number 1 seed.

Spurhunter

Tennessee didn't even look like the same team. The refs missed a couple calls in the Tennessee game like the A&M coach running out on the court. That was crazy. Tennessee looked tired to me. Shots were short and they missed several free throws. They really do have a good team and have a chance to be a number 1 seed.
I've said it here before, when they are good, they are really good, but they have too many games like this. I was watching last nigh trying to put my finger on it and really couldn't. I don't know what Coach Barnes could've done to save the day. I don't agree with sitting Knecht for that long though. That guy can shoot you back into a game. I see this year ending like every year. They will get to the big dance, win a game, two if they are lucky, then play like they did last night and go home.

Displaced_Vol

Last night was rough. It's not even that we got beat it's the fact we got, as Bamamonts so eloquently put it, boatraced. Never made a run. Hell we clawed our way back at Chapel Hill but couldn't muster it at Aggie Land with the yell leading weirdos.

Displaced_Vol

It was a poorly officiated game like every one that Pat Adams is involved with, but the only one I'll actually gripe about is when Buzz ran to half court to call that TO. That was ridiculous

PalsPal

Last night was rough. It's not even that we got beat it's the fact we got, as Bamamonts so eloquently put it, boatraced. Never made a run.

Actually ZZ had a 3 go half way down and come back out that would've cut it 9 I think, with time left. We may not have pulled it out, but that would've tightened the noose a little on A&M.

Knect missing free throws is a sign of tired legs. I had it recorded and skipped ahead, so I didn't see how he picked up those fouls.

As I've seen pointed out elsewhere, Barnes teams, while overall great defensively, have a hard time getting stops at crucial times. How many times have we played great D, force a bad shot, only to not be able to get the rebound?

Oh well, that's why they play the games.

wayne

A&M is the worse kind of opponent for Tennessee. They're physical and own the board. One of the best rebounding teams in the country. Tennessee needs an inside mauler, and they ain't got one. Vols can play with any team that wants to push it up the floor.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I've said it here before, when they are good, they are really good, but they have too many games like this. I was watching last nigh trying to put my finger on it and really couldn't. I don't know what Coach Barnes could've done to save the day. I don't agree with sitting Knecht for that long though. That guy can shoot you back into a game. I see this year ending like every year. They will get to the big dance, win a game, two if they are lucky, then play like they did last night and go home.

I figured the defense for UT would only take them so far in last season's tournament before they ran into a hot team and Tennessee would have to score points to win. This season, Tennessee appears to have the offense to give them a better chance to go deeper in the tournament. I haven't watched much of Tennessee but it appears that they have more quality depth this season as well.

The tournament games are played on neutral (mostly neutral) courts. Anything can happen in any single game of the NCAA tournament.

Physical matchups and styles along with how the refs call a particular game can make one game much different than another. The refs can be consistent in calling the game and it may still favor one team's style better than the other's.

Almost every team gets "blasted" at least once on the road during the season.

Latest posts