Saturday Hoops

7mm08

So are most college basketball players besides 2 or 3 maybe 4 on the entire team on pretty much every team in the country. He is a menace on defense to. The kid is good and was a good pick up. He also gives z a rest at point that's also big. Just because he isn't scoring 20 a night doesn't mean he isn't important.
I understand that but I bet his shooting percentage and turnovers is worse than anyone of the top 10 players on that team. Everyone has an opinion.

deerhunter10

I understand that but I bet his shooting percentage and turnovers is worse than anyone of the top 10 players on that team. Everyone has an opinion.
He averages 1 turnover a game at home and less then a turnover a game away. Averages a steal a game home and away. Averages just under 8 points a game home and away. Plays 18 to 20 minutes. 37%at home 32%away from percentage 31%at home 24.5%away for threes. 85 plus percent free throws. Not great but calling that kid bad is a wild take.

7mm08

He averages 1 turnover a game at home and less than a turnover a game away. Averages a steal a game home and away. Averages just under 8 points a game home and away. Plays 18 to 20 minutes. 37%at home 32%away from percentage 31%at home 24.5%away for threes. 85 plus percent free throws. Not great but calling that kid bad is a wild take.
Your boy has 3 turnovers so far this first half…. " inconsistent at best" was my statement regarding Gainey

THEdonkey0515

I would think #3 for TN is consistent.

Gainey couldn't be trusted by Barnes with the regular season championship on the line to even sub in the second half.
He was good enough to AVG over 19 mins a game for a SEC champ team. For a coach that has 800+ wins

Your bring ridiculous everyone agrees.

volboy

1000005835.jpg

THEdonkey0515

He's a super star. I'm not saying he is a superstar but Mark my words if we make a run in the tournament Gainey will be apart of that run. With that said who cares we are regular season Champs.
He was apart of the best team in the SEC in 2023-2024 already.

If a HOF caliber Coach thinks he deserves 19+ Mins a game I'm gonna agree with him....not a keyboard warrior on TNdeer.

7mm08

He was apart of the best team in the SEC in 2023-2024 already.

If a HOF caliber Coach thinks he deserves 19+ Mins a game I'm gonna agree with him....not a keyboard warrior on TNdeer.
Everyone has an opinion. Barnes didn't play him the second half for the very reason I stated. 2 turnovers in 13 min 5 other turnovers from the guys that played 30+ min.
SC UPSTATE is not the SEC.

Pray that Zeigler remains healthy thru both tournaments.

Attachments

• IMG_4415.png
    IMG_4415.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 19

scn

Gainey is very valuable for this team to give Zeigler and Vescovi an occasional breather. He doesn't match their starting quality, but, there have been several games this year where he brought instant offense off the bench. I think the SEC grind has gotten to him a little and he had tailed off some from earlier. But, my Vols won't go very far in the coming days if Vescovi and Z are having to play 40 min. a game.

Latest posts