Saturday Hoops

volboy

They're wildly inconsistent, both ways.
They are horribly inconsistent. In what is normally a 2 hour game, whenever pat Adam's is the ref you can count on it being close to 2 1/2 hours.
This is just one of the many plays that show their inconsistencies. Adam's stands 6 ft from the play.
How he continues to be allowed to do the bigger games is beyond comprehension.

Screenshot_20240302-215135_Samsung Internet.jpg

Displaced_Vol

They are horribly inconsistent. In what is normally a 2 hour game, whenever pat Adam's is the ref you can count on it being close to 2 1/2 hours.
This is just one of the many plays that show their inconsistencies. Adam's stands 6 ft from the play.

View attachment 218086
1000% correct. Not just UT games, he just seems hell bent on inserting himself into every game he calls

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
That was a good game. Tennessee had a stretch towards the later part of the 2nd half when their defense seemed to go up another level and forced a bunch of turnovers or tough shot attempts.

I found this to be interesting. In the quirkiness of the SEC schedules, Alabama played USC at home but not on the road. Tennessee played Auburn at home but not on the road. USC played Alabama and Auburn on the road but not at home. (I've left Kentucky out of this top 4 but they seem to have turned a corner several weeks ago and maybe fit in this group somewhere.}

Volbuck777

Im not sure how gainey ( I think that's how you spell his name) ever gets to play. That dude is terrible. Last night was the best I've ever saw him and it was bad. Please someone explain this. I know bama came back at the end of the first half, partly because of him.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled

View attachment 218086
Looks like the ball is out on someone. Who does the other foot that is on the line belong to?

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Im not sure how gainey ( I think that's how you spell his name) ever gets to play. That dude is terrible. Last night was the best I've ever saw him and it was bad. Please someone explain this. I know bama came back at the end of the first half, partly because of him.
He's had a couple great games. His dad is one of the coaches

scn

Bad take.

The Vols aren't even in the game without his 9 first half points and the fouls he drew with his drives. He also played pretty strong defense while he was in. Yes, he missed four three point shots. Neither team shot well from the three.

He is still adjusting to SEC level play. I expect better things for him next year. But, he continues to pretty much hold his own when he gives Z or Vescovi a breather. He is better as the off guard than point guard at this point.

scn

Overall, it was just a great TEAM win. Thirteen rebounds for JJJ with our bigs out with fouls problems, multiple steals and a couple of dagger 3's from Vescovi, shut down defense and a major 3 from Shack, timely points from Dalton when he wasn't being held, needed drives and points by Gainey in the first half, and the normal DAWG game from Z. Total grind game from start to finish that the Vols won with team effort and mental toughness. It was great preparation for the coming March Madness.

Last edited:

cbhunter

Bad take.

The Vols aren't even in the game without his 9 first half points and the fouls he drew with his drives. He also played pretty strong defense while he was in. Yes, he missed four three point shots. Neither team shot well from the three.

He is still adjusting to SEC level play. I expect better things for him next year. But, he continues to pretty much hold his own when he gives Z or Vescovi a breather. He is better as the off guard than point guard at this point.
Facts

PalsPal

Overall, it was just a great TEAM win. Thirteen rebounds for JJJ with our bigs out with fouls problems, multiple steals and a couple of dagger 3's from Vescovi, shut down defense and a major 3 from Shack, timely points from Dalton when he wasn't being held, needed drives and points by Gainey in the first half, and the normal DAWG game from Z. Total grind game from start to finish that the Vols won with team effort and mental toughness. It was great preparation for the coming March Madness.

Bingo.

James said after the game that they anticipated Bama trying to get our bigs in foul trouble after they dominated in Knoxville. As a result they practiced quite a bit with the small lineup and he playing the 5, with Mashack the 4. That's pretty next level for Barnes.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
The other foot is a UT player, but that is not of concern since he did not have the ball. Maybe seeing the sequence of the play will help.

Video is much better. Since the photo referenced the ref, the circle in the photo needs to be on the ref's head to show where he is looking when this takes place. He is the position to watch this play as it takes place on the baseline but he is looking off to the side. The NCAA has used three ref's for a long time now and I still don't know where they are looking with some of their calls and no-calls.

deerhunter10

He is good. Only down fall for him like practically every college basketball player is he is streaky from 3. Other then that he is a good ball player he has giving us way more good minutes then vescovi and triple j. But they are starting to click to. At the end of the day we didn't play our best at all and won. This team had a chance to really make a deep run.

Volbuck777

He is good. Only down fall for him like practically every college basketball player is he is streaky from 3. Other then that he is a good ball player he has giving us way more good minutes then vescovi and triple j. But they are starting to click to. At the end of the day we didn't play our best at all and won. This team had a chance to really make a deep run.
I'm obviously catching him at his worst. I will say as good as our team is they are crazy inconsistent.

7mm08

It also helps that Gainey's DAD is an assistant coach. Gainey had one 20+ point game but is inconsistent at best.

deerhunter10

It also helps that Gainey's DAD is an assistant coach. Gainey had one 20+ point game but is inconsistent at best.
So are most college basketball players besides 2 or 3 maybe 4 on the entire team on pretty much every team in the country. He is a menace on defense to. The kid is good and was a good pick up. He also gives z a rest at point that's also big. Just because he isn't scoring 20 a night doesn't mean he isn't important.

Latest posts