Saddle hunting?

knightrider

For you that do, i had back surgery in January with two rods and 9 screws installed, i have some soreness towards end of the day. Will i be able to use a saddle comfortably or should i just stick to my turkey chair.

JN

Not sure. To me it was trial and error till I got it adjusted to where it was comfortable. Until then it was not comfortable and would make my lower back hurt. After I got it adjusted and knew how to set it up better I did not have any issues and have used it as long as 7 hrs without any issue.

Coop87

I have 2 herniated disc and one degenerated disc I've had to deal with the past 18 years. Fortunately, I've been able to manage without having to have surgery, but it's limited how I hunt. Ladder and lock-on stands I could manage a few hours but I was limited to only doing all day sits in a ground blind to allow for the extra movement needed. Two years ago I had the same question about saddle hunting. I'm so glad I invested in a quality saddle because now I have another option for all day sits. It's the best solution for someone with back injuries as it elevates the pressure on the disc that you'd experience sitting up right. I chose the Cruzr Archon 2-panel saddle, mainly to support a TN based company, and have zero complaints. I strongly suggest spending time preseason to find the right position that feels most comfortable to you. Having a larger platform helps, like original Seeker, to occasionally stand up, but overall it's best tool you can have for mobile hunting when dealing with a bad back. It is expensive to get started, but I've enjoyed the process and would be glad to answer any additional questions. With the crazy world we live in, it's worth the investment to be able to clear the mind and spend more time admiring the work of our Creator.

ImThere

Absolutely, the problem is which saddle! The market is saturated with saddles. Many of them very comfortable!! Many made in Tn or based in Tn. Check them all out. If you get the opportunity sit in as many as you can. Get a good feel for them for as long as you can. Prior to purchasing.
A jx3 is very comfortable and very good for back support.
I have a kestrel, Tethrd, jx3 and honestly I still use my very first sitdrag occasionally (well not the original Catman still has it.)
Check out Saddlhunter.com and archerytalk
Classifieds

EJ1

No problems for me as well.
I have a Cruzer XC and it's very comfortable.
I tried a Tethrd and hip pinch was not good at all. Their new saddle coming out looks like it might be better.

Acorn Goat

I use to be big into power lifting and I have bad arthritis and when I set for a long time it's hard for me to get up. Saddle hunting I stay relaxed and don't hurt near as bad. Plus I like being able to move all the way around the tree, by using a ring of steps.

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
Tried the saddle back in the spring of 2020 due to lower back bulged disc and nerve pain. Sitting down was uncomfortable at best and usually hurt. Saddle hunting has been great for me in several ways. I would recommend trying one out or purchasing one. So many options. Not sure where you are located but as stated above Cruzr is located in Crossville and Tethrd is in Columbia now. Both places you can try out a few. Personally I would suggest either Cruzr XC or the H2 saddles. Good Luck.
If you are near Chattanooga feel free to give me a shout.

UCStandSitter

Tried the saddle back in the spring of 2020 due to lower back bulged disc and nerve pain. Sitting down was uncomfortable at best and usually hurt. Saddle hunting has been great for me in several ways. I would recommend trying one out or purchasing one. So many options. Not sure where you are located but as stated above Cruzr is located in Crossville and Tethrd is in Columbia now. Both places you can try out a few. Personally I would suggest either Cruzr XC or the H2 saddles. Good Luck.
If you are near Chattanooga feel free to give me a shout.
Cookeville for Cruzr

Latest posts