Saddle hunting?

Gravey

I think they are heavy and heck!!! Lol. I was sooooooo disappointed they copied an early design of sticks that was imho quite a bit lighter. But I have to add the other company is out of business and they had failures On the step.
I have some from Hawk (I think) that I used in the past with a lock-on stand and they're heavy. The skeletors are much lighter than those. 😂 Hard to beat their combination of weight and price but I'm sure there are some lighter at a much higher price.

Tn_Va_Hunter

I will add one thing that has really improved my saddle setup for me: suspenders. It was always a pain when putting on the saddle with all my gear stashed in pouches on the side. The saddle would try to ride down, drop, and sag while I was putting it on. Just frustrating in the dark. I finally added cheap suspenders from Tethrd to my Cruzr XC. Now I step into the saddle, throw suspenders over my shoulder and I can fiddle around as needed without it dropping. Outside of my ascender, it's the best thing I've added to my setup.
I just ordered this 2 days ago. Can't wait for it.

UCStandSitter

Yep - I switched away from them. Still have a scar on my stomach from 2 years ago when one kicked out on me.
I used one as my top stick so I would have doubles while setting things up (XOP singles the rest of the way down on that particular setup). Went to come out of the tree one evening and the thing kicked hard to the right. Thankfully I had on a lineman's belt and hugged that tree like a mama bear. Scooted down the tree to the next step, unhooked the Helium and tossed it when I got home. That was a 3 step version. I hear the 2 step is much worse. Never again. I wouldn't even sell it to anyone. Just got rid of it