Ruger Deer Rifle?

turf08

Has anyone got a Ruger American rifle? If so what is your opinion? I have found an unbelievable deal on some, so good its hard to pass up.

southpaw89

I have one in .308, paired it with a Redfield 3-9 x 40 (same scope they now offer as a package with the rifle). It has about 30-40 rounds through it and I am very impressed with it for the money. For the money it is one heck of a rifle.

arctic_cat

Someone else asked about those rifles awhile back and from what I remember I never read any post that had anything bad to say about them.

jaybird62

Ruger paid attention to the good accuracy reputation that Savage earned with their inexpensive bolt guns and did their homework with the American. I put a military-grade Steiner on one at a writer hunt and long-range training class a couple of years ago and was very impressed. When the wind wasn't gusting I could make 50% hits on a 12-inch plate at 1,000 yards. The gun shoots MOA with multiple loads, too. One heck of a rifle.

Clint.C

i have a M77 mark II chambered in 338 win mag. The gun is built solid, shoots good, and feels good when you shoulder it. The wood on the stock impressed me with the fine grain. Mauser style action.

Latest posts