Roost or Not on roost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank G

:confused:
Picked up a discussion on brand �X� web, wondered what the TN rules/regs are. Ethics, well that�s up to the individual. My question is legal or not. Bird comes off the roost after day brake is gobbling looking for a little �delight� you cluck/purr, gets his attention but you can�t see him �so typical�. You see movement, he jumps/flies into a nearby tree for a better look, you see him, good shot opportunity well within range. Can you legally take the shot? What would be the TWRA�s view �.. Legal or not?
This may have been asked on TND but can�t seem to find anything.

Frank G

Thanks SCN,
Interesting dilemma, next time he does that I�ll flip a coin. In the head yes �� in the tail no :D
My initial feeling would be not to �BUT� if I�m sitting there all day, soak and wet, cold and hungry. Hummmmm
Jump ball ;)

Crosshairy

I don't see nearly enough turkeys while hunting to get all picky about where the bird decides to put his feet while moving around. If he lands on a limb and is within gun range, I'm fine with it. In your scenario, he's still responding to your call, right? If so, you called him, he moved into range...no different than if he walked up to you.

Just my 2 cents.

Spurhunter

I have strict hunting ethics and wouldn't shoot one off the limb where he roosted the night before. But, if he has been on the ground as in your scenario I see no ethics violation. Obviously not a legal violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts