Fishing from private dock on public water

PillsburyDoughboy

This, IMO, is the reason this forum should be eliminated. There is currently no one from TWRA on the site to answer these type of questions, and folks are getting some REALLY bad information from folks that don't really know what they are talking about.
Really appreciate ur input over the years on here.

TAFKAP

I can't believe it's become a 3-page thread over a $33 license. We're already on a TNDeer forum where the strongest majority of members have a license that already covers fishing. Buy a $33 license. If I'm wrong and you don't need a license for a very specific piece of water where you live, so what? Buy the license. For all you crotchety old codgers that insist on arguing with strangers on the internet, it's $4 for you.

Ed B

I can't believe it's become a 3-page thread over a $33 license. We're already on a TNDeer forum where the strongest majority of members have a license that already covers fishing. Buy a $33 license. If I'm wrong and you don't need a license for a very specific piece of water where you live, so what? Buy the license. For all you crotchety old codgers that insist on arguing with strangers on the internet, it's $4 for you.
I agree, I don't know whether to apologize for the original question or just keep laughing at the responses.

Wildcat#32

make no mistake. im sorry your family doesnt have acreage or a pond that u can purchase fish,buy feed and raise fish and you and all your friends still get a ticket for harvesting them!!!

TAFKAP

I agree, I don't know whether to apologize for the original question or just keep laughing at the responses.

make no mistake. im sorry your family doesnt have acreage or a pond that u can purchase fish,buy feed and raise fish and you and all your friends still get a ticket for harvesting them!!!

I'm sorry you're hung up over a $33 license that'll last you all year, for just about all waters in the state.

Wildcat#32

I'm sorry you're hung up over a $33 license that'll last you all year, for just about all waters in the state.
looks like im correct on my assumption!!! what part of i spend $33 a month to feed my own fish do you not understand!!! its not money with me!! i bought them. i feed them they are on family land!! and yet i have to buy a license to catch one!!!!! give me a break!!!

BMan

looks like im correct on my assumption!!! what part of i spend $33 a month to feed my own fish do you not understand!!! its not money with me!! i bought them. i feed them they are on family land!! and yet i have to buy a license to catch one!!!!! give me a break!!!

Why aren't you using the landowner exemption?

TAFKAP

Why aren't you using the landowner exemption?

05021ec5703289c19c5c9c573c73237777376bd2c06322b6819eab9056e3e9cf_1.jpg

Wildcat#32

Exactly. You provided the solution in the 10th post of this thread. Don't know how it could be any easier.
oh i can read!! let me explain the situation one more time and correct me if im stupid!! i am a grandson over 16. 48 to be exact!! the great grandson and spouse are 26 and 24 !! the great great grandsons that i see nowhere mentioned in aforementioned post 10 are 6 and 4 !! none of us live on said land except her and a daughter but have total permission to stock feed and catch fish on the 95 year old great great grandmothers land!!! not to mention anyone else me the $$ man and her the owner wants to invite to enjoy the experience!!! please enlighten me!! i would be greatful!!

OldFussNFeathers

This isn't worth getting heated over. I agree with what you say. If I owned property in another state that I built a pond/lake on and stocked it with fish I bought/fed, I wouldn't buy a license either if that's the case. Grew up very rural with friends being rural as well. We all fished each others ponds with no license. I don't think any GW is gonna come on private property and ticket someone for fishing in a farm pond. Never even thought about it. Is it the law? Sure I guess . We all break laws every day. Speed limit is 55 and you go 56, you break the law. Not a hill to die on man.

Wildcat#32

This isn't worth getting heated over. I agree with what you say. If I owned property in another state that I built a pond/lake on and stocked it with fish I bought/fed, I wouldn't buy a license either if that's the case. Grew up very rural with friends being rural as well. We all fished each others ponds with no license. I don't think any GW is gonna come on private property and ticket someone for fishing in a farm pond. Never even thought about it. Is it the law? Sure I guess . We all break laws every day. Speed limit is 55 and you go 56, you break the law. Not a hill to die on man.
thank you for understanding!!! everyone else wants to bash or make people out to be stupid!! thats the world we live in today.

BMan

oh i can read!! let me explain the situation one more time and correct me if im stupid!! i am a grandson over 16. 48 to be exact!! the great grandson and spouse are 26 and 24 !! the great great grandsons that i see nowhere mentioned in aforementioned post 10 are 6 and 4 !! none of us live on said land except her and a daughter but have total permission to stock feed and catch fish on the 95 year old great great grandmothers land!!! not to mention anyone else me the $$ man and her the owner wants to invite to enjoy the experience!!! please enlighten me!! i would be greatful!!

So it's the great grandmother's land - it's not YOUR LAND. If you want to fish anywhere OTHER than YOUR LAND, you buy a license. Beyond simple.

Your gratitude is noted.

Latest posts