Somebody explain priority points for waterfowl

Pic IN the Casa

I had a priority point from last year. Thought I could use it on the season long draw but was told it was only for tier 2 or 3. So I just put in for tier 2 and says I have no points.
I guess I am missing something.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I'll bet you *do* have a priority point for Tier II draws—but recall, there's 3 drawing periods for those Tier II's (Early Segment, Middle Segment, and Late Segment). Clearly, you don't have a point for the Early segment—I reckon you either have one during the Middle or Late segment.

Pic IN the Casa

I'll bet you *do* have a priority point for Tier II draws—but recall, there's 3 drawing periods for those Tier II's (Early Segment, Middle Segment, and Late Segment). Clearly, you don't have a point for the Early segment—I reckon you either have one during the Middle or Late segment.
I hope that's the case. Thanks.

TAFKAP

Yeah, each "season" (early, middle, late) has its own P/P tier system. I put in for the walk-in spots at Shelby Forest, which have no prepared blind. They're treated like a WMA quota, and each season segment gets its own stack of points

Crosshairy

I was just reading that they are averaging the points for all applicants this year for the waterfowl hunts. In the past few years when they had 4 person minimum groups, they took the highest point totals. I didn't see that listed anywhere as one of the changes.

I'm emailing one of the area managers to confirm that the rules are posted correctly.

TAFKAP

This is in the Sandhill Crane application information

1696871544198.png

Latest posts