New waterfowl quota drawings

Kritter Gitter

I have tried and tried to get an answer to my question but no one will call me back. So with the new drawings, I have seen that the number in your hunting party has increased to 8 with the tiered hunts. What about the non tier sites (Bogota, Thorny Cypress) did the party size increase to 8 as it should to match the others?

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
DF8F9FDA-18B7-4CD2-A0AB-90FCCD874F1F.jpeg

The answer is 8. What you're talking about is under "Quota" blinds on the far right column.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
THANKS! That answers my question. But wonder why the people at TWRA couldnt even answer! This whole system has been ridiculous with no education up front.
Never a guarantee they'll answer the phone this time of year. But, if I call the region office and ask for a wildlife officer from such-and-such county, they're usually good about calling me that day…whether I'm good about picking up is another story.

But next time try e-mailing the area manager. They often will respond to an e-mail way quicker than they will call you back.

With big game seasons underway and last-minute preparations of WMAs for waterfowl, I bet time is scarce.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
There's also several pages of discussion of various aspects of the regs for the waterfowl quota system in the Hunting Guide. Worth checking there before going through the effort of contacting somebody, which can be work.

Displaced_Vol

I learned something today- I've got a thorny cypress hunt next month and just assumed I could take 4 with me (total of 5) like last time. Guess I can take 7 more gluttons for punishment. Although I don't know how in the hell you'd hide that many out there.

Latest posts