Remington 700 sps varmint

cecil30-30

I picked up one of these from Dicks yesterday in 22-250,and was wondering if anyone has shot one and what do they think.It'll be the weekend before i can get out and tinker with it.But for the price i couldn't just walk away from it.lol.

BucknBass

I bought one in .308 last Friday night. Scoped it and broke in the barrel on Saturday. Got some load development to do but it shot great right out of the box. How can you beat a 26" heavy barreled Rem 700 for the price???

So far I love mine. Going to turn it into a tactical type rifle and play at long ranges.

solodren

cecil please let me know how that gun shoots i was checking that exact same gun out at dicks last week.. was going to get into some varmint mainly yotes this next year... I know it comes with a cheap looking 4-12 scope are u going to put a different one on there hope it shoots good , it felt awesome...

Svalley

I bought the same gun you just bought in 22-250 put a nikon 6 by 18 by 40 with side focus on it.Shot a lot of differnt loads thru it and the seria varmit bullets in 55grs with varget powder shot by far the best can put three in a dime at 100 yards.And the coyotes groundhogs and crows have yet to complain.

cecil30-30

solodren said:
cecil please let me know how that gun shoots i was checking that exact same gun out at dicks last week.. was going to get into some varmint mainly yotes this next year... I know it comes with a cheap looking 4-12 scope are u going to put a different one on there hope it shoots good , it felt awesome...
Ill be sure to let you guys know how it shoot,it'll be the weekend beforei get to do anything with it.As of right know im hopeing that the scope that came with it will do fine,if not ill probly get a leupold.I gave $449 at dicks for mine,but thats with a $50 mail in rebate.

solodren

wow great price the guy didnt say it had a rebate.. that scope might do for a while good luck with it... I checked walmart today and the 700 varmint they had was 635...

cecil30-30

solodren said:
wow great price the guy didnt say it had a rebate.. that scope might do for a while good luck with it... I checked walmart today and the 700 varmint they had was 635...
Wow thats a big difference!You have to watch the sales guys,they tried to cheat me out of my scope and my rebate until i had to remind them as i was walking out.

solodren

cecil been trying to figure out does that 700 have an adj trigger the web site didnt say, I forgot to ask ,, and the other day my buddy asked and the salesman didnt know .. would appreciate the info thanks...

cecil30-30

The manuel says not to make adjustments to the trigger or trigger assymbly.It say to send it back to the factory to have it done.So im guessing that it is,but they don't want you to do it on your own.I like the trigger the way it is.Its not to bad.

Tikkabuck

Really am waiting to see how it shoots I may have to try a Remy one more time at that price if I wasn't happy with it I could do a rebarrel.They come in 223?

PickettSFHunter

Triggers in a 700 are very easy to adjust with a allen wrench and some fingernail topcoat. You just have to make sure you dont get it to light or it will fire on its own lol Now if it has the Xmark trigger, then I know nothing about those.

cecil30-30

Tikkabuck said:
Really am waiting to see how it shoots I may have to try a Remy one more time at that price if I wasn't happy with it I could do a rebarrel.They come in 223?
I shoot mine this past weekend just to sight the scope in,granted i only sighted it in at 50 yards(thats all my back yard will allow me to) It shot very well.You could cover all shots with a quarter.Probly could of done better if i had a better vise.

firefox

I never tried an allen wrench for adjusting a Remmington trigger. I've used very small and stout straight bit screw drivers. Most of my Remingtons were bought in the 1990's Has Remington gone to allen screws since then?

Latest posts