Quota WMA draw results

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Had it happen where I didn't get my choice and then they had extra for the same hunt to give away later. Never understood that .
That happened 2yr ago I think. They were trying a new system and it was not a good outcome. It also allowed some people to draw hunts who had nowhere near enough hunts (my older brother drew Yuchi with no points). I think that was the only year that happened though

Buzzard Breath

I spent the afternoon riding around the WMA I'm going to draw. I have a bunch of spots marked on Gaia and I wanted to mark the best areas to access them and get a general layout of the land. When I got home, I deleted several marks, and added a few more to check-out. I'm getting excited about this fall. I'm just wondering if I'll draw 1, or 2 hunts there.

Oked

Could be like Wyoming, deadline is Jan 31 and the notification date is June 1st. Oklahoma is may 20 deadline and June 15 notification. The thing that would help me more if these states would make the draw earlier in the year so I could plan ahead.

Bone Collector

In case y'all don't have FB, I copied and pasted a post from Darell Ratajczk who used to be the big game coordinator for TWRA and Big Game Guy on here:

Tennessee Big Game Draw Story…

I know folks are a little on edge, awaiting Tennessee's big game drawing but I wanted to share a quick story. The drawing process is not as simple and easy as everyone thinks, especially when you have a complicated system with priority points and multiple drawings. The potential for getting sued by doing an unfair drawing is extremely high, so there are countless data checks that need to be verified before the drawing results are released. Anyway, here's a little heart-stopping story I had regarding one of Tennessee's elk drawings.

As you know, Tennessee's elk tags are one of the hardest tags to draw. When it first started over a decade ago, there were only five bull tags available so those winning elk tags were treated like Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket to the chocolate factory. The results were pretty much, kept under lock and key until they were revealed to the commission. As soon as the winners were announced, I had the incredible fortune of having to call the individual hunters and tell them they were drawn for a once-in-a lifetime Tennessee elk tag.

Things went pretty smooth the first year. The second year rolls around, however, and we announce to the Commission the winners of the second annual Tennessee elk hunt. I immediately go back to my office to perform the coveted task of contacting the winners and telling them the good news. As usual, the first person I called was absolutely ecstatic. He couldn't wait to tell his family and friends. The second phone call I made didn't go quite so well.

He was an elderly gentleman I believe in his late 60s or early 70s, and after I told him the good news that he won a coveted Tennessee elk tag, he informs me, "…That's all well and good son, but the problem is… I never applied for the elk drawing."

😳

You talk about a sick feeling. We just announced to the commission and the press who the winners were of the coveted elk tags. I could only imagine what would happen when we later announced that one of the winners never even applied for the hunt. 🤦‍♂️

It was going g to ruin someone. Needless to say, the next few hours were some of the sickest feelings I ever had in my professional career as we struggled to figure out what went wrong. Low and behold, the gentleman who won the elk tag ended up calling me back. He said he talked to his son about what was going on and his son informed him that he had entered him into the elk drawing… he just forgot to tell him. 🤦‍♂️

So, in the end everything was legit, but you talk about a potential drawing nightmare… I can see why they want to make sure the drawing is correct.

***end***

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
In case y'all don't have FB, I copied and pasted a post from Darell Ratajczk who used to be the big game coordinator for TWRA and Big Game Guy on here:

Tennessee Big Game Draw Story…

I know folks are a little on edge, awaiting Tennessee's big game drawing but I wanted to share a quick story. The drawing process is not as simple and easy as everyone thinks, especially when you have a complicated system with priority points and multiple drawings. The potential for getting sued by doing an unfair drawing is extremely high, so there are countless data checks that need to be verified before the drawing results are released. Anyway, here's a little heart-stopping story I had regarding one of Tennessee's elk drawings.

As you know, Tennessee's elk tags are one of the hardest tags to draw. When it first started over a decade ago, there were only five bull tags available so those winning elk tags were treated like Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket to the chocolate factory. The results were pretty much, kept under lock and key until they were revealed to the commission. As soon as the winners were announced, I had the incredible fortune of having to call the individual hunters and tell them they were drawn for a once-in-a lifetime Tennessee elk tag.

Things went pretty smooth the first year. The second year rolls around, however, and we announce to the Commission the winners of the second annual Tennessee elk hunt. I immediately go back to my office to perform the coveted task of contacting the winners and telling them the good news. As usual, the first person I called was absolutely ecstatic. He couldn't wait to tell his family and friends. The second phone call I made didn't go quite so well.

He was an elderly gentleman I believe in his late 60s or early 70s, and after I told him the good news that he won a coveted Tennessee elk tag, he informs me, "…That's all well and good son, but the problem is… I never applied for the elk drawing."

😳

You talk about a sick feeling. We just announced to the commission and the press who the winners were of the coveted elk tags. I could only imagine what would happen when we later announced that one of the winners never even applied for the hunt. 🤦‍♂️

It was going g to ruin someone. Needless to say, the next few hours were some of the sickest feelings I ever had in my professional career as we struggled to figure out what went wrong. Low and behold, the gentleman who won the elk tag ended up calling me back. He said he talked to his son about what was going on and his son informed him that he had entered him into the elk drawing… he just forgot to tell him. 🤦‍♂️

So, in the end everything was legit, but you talk about a potential drawing nightmare… I can see why they want to make sure the drawing is correct.

***end***
Enjoyed the pist. Thank you for sharing it.

TN G.O.A.T Hunter

AEDC and Laurel Hill. I got a question in the book it says both hunts are bonus but on my permit it only list one hunt as bonus not sure what that means, anyone know

Latest posts