Pyrodex pellets vs. 777 (Updated)

bwgarrett3

I know I could have posted this in the muzzleloader section but I need an answer by tomorrow and more people will view it here. I've run out of Pyrodex pellets and now have 777 pellets. My gun has been sighted in with two 50 grain Pyrodex pellets and a 250 grain Powerbelt Aerolite bullet. My question is, will the shot placement be altered when using two 50 grain 777 pellets? I would think it will be the same but thought I would get some more opinions. Thanks!

Luckybuck16

Re: Pyrodex pellets vs. 777

It changed my accura v2 by a matter of 3-4 inches so I'd shoot to make sure it's in the ballpark.. I'm ocd and have to have my rounds touching and dead where I am.. good luck

Andy S.

Any time you change ANYTHING, even primer type, ALWAYS check zero to ensure POA=POI. You would be amazed how little changes can have big impacts on accuracy.

bwgarrett3

Hopefully I will have time to shoot it this evening then. I'm also running low on bullets so hopefully I'll what to change in one shot. I would go ahead and buy more pyrodex but I can't find anyone who has it in stock right now. Does anyone know???

jard

I switched from 777 pellets to white hots this year (250 grain hornady sst). Mainly because 777 left such a crud ring that I could hardly ever seat a second shot without cleaning. White hots are much cleaner in my gun.

However, when I switched, my gun shot 2" to the left and 1" high with white hots. Not sure how or why. 75 yards or under, I bet it will not make a difference big enough to worry. Anything over that, I would be nervous without shooting it first.

bwgarrett3

Okay guys...I made it home in time to shoot. At 50yds the 777 pellets were 1/2 inch high. At least now I won't be worried about it while hunting tomorrow. Thanks for all the input!

Latest posts