Prayers Please - (Updated)

kaizen leader

My three best friends of 40+ years all live in and around Perry, FL (Taylor County) & Big Bend Area of the Gulf. One of them (Jim) lives on the water & doesn't expect his home at Dekel Beach to be standing after tomorrow. His home is on 11' pilings & they are predicting up to 15' surge. We all worked together for 30 years and have hunted & fished from FL to AK and back. We've even got an "old farts hunt" this fall in NE and figured that would be our last western hunt together. I love them & their families dearly as they do me & mine. I have spent many a great day fishing the Gulf with Jim & the rivers of the area with the other two. This looks to be ground zero for the hurricane and is the biggest to hit this area since the 1800's. All three have evacuated including one with his 94 year old mother that only has a small fraction of her heart that works good. Bless her heart, she fell & broke hip when Jerry was up here turkey hunting with me this year. All are men of faith and will deal with whatever hand is dealt. I know that some of their families did not evacuate.

View attachment 193132

Edit:
Sorry guys, meant to put in general forum....
🙏🏻

tellico4x4

FB_IMG_1693405253658.jpg

Steinhatchee, a few miles south of Jim. You can see river running backwards as surge pours in. Good news is that eye wall fell apart just before landfall at his house. Only 6' surge so flooding not issue for him. Still hasn't heard wind damage report. Thousands of trees down across roads. Another buddy heard that both of their homes were intact. Still waiting to hear from couple others. Thanks for all the prayers!!

tellico4x4

Answered Prayers 😁🙏!!!

Finally heard from everyone & all are fine. Out of 9-10 homes of their families not a single one was destroyed, not a vehicle damaged bad & no one hurt! They had giant old live oaks fall within inches of houses, 30" yellow pines snapped into & scattered all over yards, 20 acres of pasture that does not appear to have a limb on fence as all the cows are still there. Sure they have stuff damaged but considering what it could have been they are blessed and truly grateful for all your prayers & thoughts. One of them has about 20 high dollar registered Walker Hounds and his kennel didn't even catch a limb, did have a big tree down next to it. He was worried sick about them hounds 😂. Will be weeks before power restored as just about every pole in county is either laying on ground or snapped into. 97% of county out of power.

TnDeer is pretty much my only social media and is full of great people. Thanks to all my internet brothers for your prayers.

Jack

Last edited:

megalomaniac

Have a friend who told me her uncle lives in Steenhatchie... their house didn't flood either.

Sounds like this was a 'near miss'. Bad, but could have been a WHOLE lot worse

Latest posts