Age This Buck Please

Spurhunter

RNFetchBlobTmp_84y30ptcqnwmos2vt02v4.png

megalomaniac

Late.to the party...I was going to say 3.5 based on my first view of the pics.

What the hell? His body looks 1.5???

Well this time of the year, body size is almost worthless... I start looking at tarsals....

A deer like that with tarsal staining from the glands all the way down the legs is usually not a 1.5 or 2.5yo. Has to be 3.5 or older... then looking at the body, I'm trying to decide between 3.5 and 4.5... if he is 4.5, he's gonna die... he's sick. But it isn't that unusual for a 3.5yo to be that run down this time of the year. He doesn't look sick in that pic, just run down... so I favor 3.5

Snake

Late.to the party...I was going to say 3.5 based on my first view of the pics.

What the hell? His body looks 1.5???

Well this time of the year, body size is almost worthless... I start looking at tarsals....

A deer like that with tarsal staining from the glands all the way down the legs is usually not a 1.5 or 2.5yo. Has to be 3.5 or older... then looking at the body, I'm trying to decide between 3.5 and 4.5... if he is 4.5, he's gonna die... he's sick. But it isn't that unusual for a 3.5yo to be that run down this time of the year. He doesn't look sick in that pic, just run down... so I favor 3.5
With seeing him stressed out from the rut he could definitely be 3.5 I did say 2.5 but highly doubt 4.5 . His back is straight as a board with no sag in his gut at all ....but I've been wrong before .

Latest posts