Prayers Please - (Updated)

tellico4x4

My three best friends of 40+ years all live in and around Perry, FL (Taylor County) & Big Bend Area of the Gulf. One of them (Jim) lives on the water & doesn't expect his home at Dekel Beach to be standing after tomorrow. His home is on 11' pilings & they are predicting up to 15' surge. We all worked together for 30 years and have hunted & fished from FL to AK and back. We've even got an "old farts hunt" this fall in NE and figured that would be our last western hunt together. I love them & their families dearly as they do me & mine. I have spent many a great day fishing the Gulf with Jim & the rivers of the area with the other two. This looks to be ground zero for the hurricane and is the biggest to hit this area since the 1800's. All three have evacuated including one with his 94 year old mother that only has a small fraction of her heart that works good. Bless her heart, she fell & broke hip when Jerry was up here turkey hunting with me this year. All are men of faith and will deal with whatever hand is dealt. I know that some of their families did not evacuate.

Screenshot_20230829-174726.png

Edit:
Sorry guys, meant to put in general forum....

Last edited:

mike243

Prayers sent for all of them, son is headed to Agusta to start repair work on the cable systems as soon as it's safe. lot of folks will be impacted

Shanman

My three best friends of 40+ years all live in and around Perry, FL (Taylor County) & Big Bend Area of the Gulf. One of them (Jim) lives on the water & doesn't expect his home at Dekel Beach to be standing after tomorrow. His home is on 11' pilings & they are predicting up to 15' surge. We all worked together for 30 years and have hunted & fished from FL to AK and back. We've even got an "old farts hunt" this fall in NE and figured that would be our last western hunt together. I love them & their families dearly as they do me & mine. I have spent many a great day fishing the Gulf with Jim & the rivers of the area with the other two. This looks to be ground zero for the hurricane and is the biggest to hit this area since the 1800's. All three have evacuated including one with his 94 year old mother that only has a small fraction of her heart that works good. Bless her heart, she fell & broke hip when Jerry was up here turkey hunting with me this year. All are men of faith and will deal with whatever hand is dealt. I know that some of their families did not evacuate.

View attachment 193132

Edit:
Sorry guys, meant to put in general forum....
In very few words you just showed all of us how dear and close your friends are to you and each other, what a gift and blessing your brotherhood is. 👍
Will say a special prayer for them and their loved ones.

Snake

Dear Heavenly Father humbly coming before your mighty throne of grace asking for one of our own's friends mentioned here. Please Father if it be your will protect those mentioned and their properties during this storm . You know what is needed Father please touch those lives effected by this storm . Thank you for all that you do for us giving you all the praise, glory and honor asking this petition in the precious mighty name of our Savior Jesus Christ amen.

Latest posts