PSA- 12G TSS 3in 2oz $39.99

megalomaniac

For you guys shooting 12g, Buds Gun Shop has Tungsten Super Slam ammo for $39.99 a box. #9 shot.

Rockhound

Rockhound

Not sure, but this may be Hawglips recipie... I think he is affiliated with the company
I'm not sure, these are listed out of Augusta GA. I know one thing, either these companies are selling at cost or something is amiss, because they ain't making any money at the prices the retailers are selling for.

megalomaniac

I'm not sure, these are listed out of Augusta GA. I know one thing, either these companies are selling at cost or something is amiss, because they ain't making any money at the prices the retailers are selling for.
exactly why I have never handloaded TSS. I've always been able to find shells (and stock up) for a similar price to the individual components. Now if I were having to pay $69 for five 12g shells, I'd def be handloading.

TheLBLman

I didn't notice any 20 ga on Bud's site, but did find these on another site:

Southern Sportsman

I didn't notice any 20 ga on Bud's site, but did find these on another site:

Buds has the 20 ga as well.

I don't know anything about the company, but I know the cost associated with loading tungsten. I would guess they are selling these at close to cost to get their name out there. If/when they gain enough name recognition and popularity, they'll have to raise prices.

Looks like they are using Rio hulls for the 12 gauge. I'd love to know what other components they're using. It's been several years since I carried a 12, but when I did my go-to load used those hulls. I still have a few squirreled away, but they became impossible to find as just new primed hulls.

megalomaniac

Buds has the 20 ga as well.

I don't know anything about the company, but I know the cost associated with loading tungsten. I would guess they are selling these at close to cost to get their name out there. If/when they gain enough name recognition and popularity, they'll have to raise prices.

Looks like they are using Rio hulls for the 12 gauge. I'd love to know what other components they're using. It's been several years since I carried a 12, but when I did my go-to load used those hulls. I still have a few squirreled away, but they became impossible to find as just new primed hulls.
This company (TSS Shot) has been in business for at least 4 years. I came across them when looking for alternatives after Federal raised their prices.

I'm kinda wondering if they are about to fold up, and selling off inventory at cost....

TheLBLman

This company (TSS Shot) has been in business for at least 4 years. I came across them when looking for alternatives after Federal raised their prices.

I'm kinda wondering if they are about to fold up, and selling off inventory at cost....
Anything is possible.
It would seem very hard to start a new specialty ammo company, and compete with reputable giants like Federal.

But so far, it does look like maybe Apex has "done it".
Never mind I've personally never bought any Apex shells.

Rockhound

Anything is possible.
It would seem very hard to start a new specialty ammo company, and compete with reputable giants like Federal.

But so far, it does look like maybe Apex has "done it".
Never mind I've personally never bought any Apex shells.
Apex made it available before anyone commercially, I couldn't imagine trying to do it now

Latest posts