Powerbelts SUCK!

iowavf

The main reason I use them is to be able to reload a couple times without cleanning the gun. Tried Barnes, Shockwaves, and a couple others a few years back but could not reload a second shot without cleanning. I have some PRB bullets to try as soon as I get my new scope a little better fine tuned. If they don't load good, then I'll be using the 300 grn platinums. I was going to try the buckhorn powder but need to use up my 777 pellets first, but that's another thread.

Devin2009

i have killed alot of deer with powerbelts...they are ok...but the hornady's i shoot now are by far better......the powerbelts are good in side hammer muzzloaders but the shoot wild the futher you shoot them.......i have had no problem with them shooting deer most of them drop in their tracks or go very short distances........

Kirk

spitndrum said:
Powerbelts SUCK!

I firmly agree!

No blood trail, they keyhole, they are erratic. Worst bullet I ever used. I have had great results with Hornandy but finally tried the Barnes Expanders 3 years ago and love them. Love them so much I bought 10 packs last year, just in case.

spitndrum

Kirk said:
spitndrum said:
Powerbelts SUCK!

I firmly agree!

No blood trail, they keyhole, they are erratic. Worst bullet I ever used. I have had great results with Hornandy but finally tried the Barnes Expanders 3 years ago and love them. Love them so much I bought 10 packs last year, just in case.

Pretty much sums it up!

Right_Tackle74

I use a Knight MK-85 wolverine, 50. Caliber with 100grains of Pyrodex and a 248 grain Powerbelt. I used to use the Buffalo ballet until 2005 and switched to the Powerbelt. I've killed on opening day muzzleloader the last 3 years 2 Does and a Button Buck. For me they're inexpensive, accurate to satisfy me, and I have no complaints so far since I started using them.

dh1984

hunter82 said:
never needed to blood trail using power belt bullets.the deer i have shot with them have always drop in there tracks
same here my deer i shot with them always do a bang flop with them iand i use 90 grain of powder and a 295 grain powerbelt and they just bang flop right there no tracking and no looking for them

LeatherLungz

[font:Comic Sans MS]I went to grab an extra pack of SSTs from walmart. Where I got them last year.

They only stock Powerbelts now. :cry: :cry: :cry:

They must think everyone drives a 'Shivy' (Chevy) too :crazy:

-Leon [/font]

JC60

my gun loves them.i tried xp's barnes ect. but the accuracy i get .i gotta go with.i it's a tack driver.i should say i also tried different powders too.777 for mine.100 grain 777 295 hp powerbelt put it where it needs to be thats a dead deer.

Big J

Both my 50 cals are shooting hornady sst low drag 300gr! They load as easy if not easier then a powerbelt and they are killers.
My 45 caliber shoots 100 gr 777 and 240 powerbelts. I like the shockwave better in that gun but got some belts I need to shoot up before I switch. The only deer I shot with the powerbelts bang flopped so I have had no bad experience with them yet. Could just be the 45 caliber! Not sure. But I do not shoot them in my 50 cals!

W.Seay

I told you, for your encore try 105 grains of blackhorn 209, 250 grain bonded shockwave, or 250 grain barnes tmz with winchester shotshell 209 primers.

Latest posts