powerbelts ROCK!!!!!

stik

bang flop- straight down. never took another step approx. 70 yd shot

muzzleloader09005.jpg

ran 50 yds on his nose with the off-side shoulder blown all over the hillside. blood EVERYWHERE. what he thought was a doe turned out to have 2 in. spikes. 60 yd shot.

muzzleloader09020.jpg

Big J

I have never had the problems others have experienced with power belts! Good deal congrats!

JeepKuntry

I always shot the 348 grain bullets, but didn't get the chance to see how they worked on a deer. Congrats to your Bowdacious and yalls son.

dh1984

congrats i know every body else hollard how bad they where and every thing but they are the best bullet i have ever used in my knight and they rock they just shoot better out of some guns and some they don't do so good out of but you have to find a bullet that your gun likes thats all it is

stik

these are not our only experiences with the powerbelts. the boy has killed numerous deer with them always leaving a good bloodtrail if needed. most never got out of sight. BOWdacious got her 1st deer last year with a powerbelt and had a bloodtrail about 60 yds. long with blood sprayed 4 ft. up on the trees.

i realize a lot of guns won't shoot the powerbelts. mine won't. but as far as bullet performance on game goes, they are as good as anything.

fourwheeler431

They are the most accurate bullet that I've ever shot in all of my knights. I switched to 300 gr sst's after I lost a buck with them last season. I will admit though I was shooting the 295 gr. I have never been able to find any of the others around here. They have always been sold out when I go to buy some.

stik

DEER ASSASSIN said:
bang flop- straight down. never took another step approx. 70 yd shot

yes a rock could do that with your wife's excellent shot placement nothing to do with the projectile

no way i would use the 245 nor 295 but the 348 and 405 are great choices

congrats to both on great kills

i can't argue with that and thanks for the congrats

woodchuckc

The 295 gr Powerbelts shoot the most accurate of anything I have tried in my Optima Pro, and over a pretty wide range of powder charge (777), but I had less than desirable performance on the two does that I shot with them a couple of years ago. I found them both, but there was absolutely zero blood trail (both shot in the heart / lungs at less than 50 yards - no exit wound). One took off across an open field and fell after about 175 yards in the open, and one I shot on an open mature hardwood hillside and I watched her go down about 125 yards from where she was shot. As with all deer I shoot, even when I know exactly where they fall, I practice my trailing skills by locating where they were shot and looking for sign. I probably would have found them both eventually if it was brushy, but I just don't have confidence in being able to get a decent blood trail for tracking with those Powerbelts. I shoot XTPs now and had good results with the one deer that I shot last year - hopefully I will get a chance to get another data point or two this weekend!

Latest posts