powerbelts ROCK!!!!!

iowavf

buzz mcmanus said:
stik said:
bang flop- straight down. never took another step.....
Same here
7972002_deer_best_pics.jpg

It's nice to see the deer laying there when the smoke clears.
Nice Missouri buck, congrats on the shot.

Hickory Nut

I shoot a .45 sidelock and had used round balls forever. I thought I would try the Powerbelts because they are so much easier to load, and no patch to mess with. I shoot 65 gr of fff black powder. I was happy to see that I get very good accuracy. I've not had the opportunity to see how they perform on deer but I expect the Powerbelts will do just fine with an accurate hit. I hope I get a shot soon and I'll find out.

moondawg

Stik, how much powder was Bowdacious using? Looks like she had a good shot!

I've killed 3 deer using Powerbelts in my .45 cal CVA Magbolt. Not much of a blood trail, but I ended up with 3 dead deer. Now my 4th one was a little more difficult...probably shooter error, probably a tough doe that refused to die, or a little of both. I'll give them another chance, since there's not many options in .45 caliber.

I've never hunted with them in my .50 CVA Firebolt. I tried shooting them once or twice, and wasn't satisfied with the grouping. I shoot Barnes out of my .50 cal.

stik

moondawg said:
Stik, how much powder was Bowdacious using? Looks like she had a good shot!

I've killed 3 deer using Powerbelts in my .45 cal CVA Magbolt. Not much of a blood trail, but I ended up with 3 dead deer. Now my 4th one was a little more difficult...probably shooter error, probably a tough doe that refused to die, or a little of both. I'll give them another chance, since there's not many options in .45 caliber.

I've never hunted with them in my .50 CVA Firebolt. I tried shooting them once or twice, and wasn't satisfied with the grouping. I shoot Barnes out of my .50 cal.

90 gr. pyrodex 295 gr. powerbelt

wayers

power belts are the best easy to load shoot good out of a dirty gun they just cant be beat. I love them and will probably never shoot anything else.

BSK

Congrats to Bowdacious!!!

I still use Powerbelts exclusively, but I stick to the really, really big ones (405 grn).

The most accurate conical I've ever tried, and as long as you use the heavy ones, full penetration from any angle.

moondawg

I got to thinking, and when using the powerbelts in my 45 cal, the bullet would go through one shoulder and get lodged in the other one. Never had to track a deer, and in most cases I could see them fall from the stand.

I DID have to track them using another popular bullet called Barnes in my 50 cal. :D

Hmmm...maybe I need to go back to my Powerbelts. :D

Latest posts