Powerbelts SUCK!

Boone 58

Im done with PB's forever!
FPB's until i find something better. I like what i have seen from D.A. as for me i have not killed a deer with one yet but i am pretty satisfied with the paper results.

fastbs

i've seen one gun shoot pbs reliably it's a 45 cal optima. They didn't work for me in a knight (older inline the 209 conversion), remington genesis, traditions pursuit xlt, or an optima 50 cal. I've always had luck with any of the saboted bullets; SSTs, XTPs, Gold Dots, and we recently tried the non saboted FPB and had good luck.
I have a couple hundred 300 grain XTPs and Gold Dots with mmp sabots so i'll be useing them for a while. I always want to try something different but end up back with the cheap XTPs or Gold Dots.

TNDeerGuy

DEER ASSASSIN said:
i have had always had good accuracy with them
killed several

however they are the worse projectile for a ml imo

50 cal less then 300 gns

the 338 348 and 405 and 444 are the ticket

DA is right. The lighter weight powerbelts(under 300 grains) do suck, but the heavier weights such as the 405 are awesome. I could not get my m/l to group anything (powerbelts, shockwaves, barnes), until I switched to the 405grain Powerbelt, per his suggestion. I now am grouping 1" groups at 100 yards.

mike243

sheeple :D ;) ,shoot what your gun likes,mine likes them & i have never lost a deer with them,DA hasn't lost a deer with them either,so i reckon there still a inferior bullet cause you cant get a pass thru every time,most sabots started life out as a pistol bullet,wind up to rifle speed & most wont stick together either,its all about picking the rite spot,the 44 mag 200yard thread sound familiar? ,how many passthru's are you going to have ? ,good luck with what ever you shoot & if 1 runs off dont be so quick to blame the bullet,mike243

vabuckbuster

They have shot great for me for 4 or 5 years now. Killed several deer from 20 yards to 100 yards with pass thrus and no traveling. Guess it must depend on the gun

Biggun4214

Accuracy hasn't been a problem with PB's in our guns. My 16 year old has shot 3 deer with them and lost all 3, one was a huge buck. Knocked the deer down only to watch em get back up and stagger off. One doe started out leaving a blood trail a blind man could follow and just quit. The 2 bucks left a lot of blood at the scene then nothing. Everything I have saw on other forums talk about great accuracy but poor preformance as far as pass thru.
We switched back to XTP's.

Latest posts