Powerbelts SUCK!

156p&y

yeah my gun spits them everywhere. I have to shoot sabots out of mine. I'll shoot a whole freaking package of those powerbelts at 50 yards and not a one will the same spot.

cecil30-30

I had good accuracy with the 270gr platinum's but I shot a doe one day after sighting them in and thought I missed..She mule kicked like she was hit,but never found any blood or anything,was pretty confident in a miss.I was open sighted too at about 60yds..Well come home and reserched them and come to find out,that the powerbelts are bad to fragment on impact and not get any penetration and then not giving any blood trail.So I quit useing them..Hornady FPB for me baby! Blows powerbelts away.

LeatherLungz

156p&y said:
yeah my gun spits them everywhere. I have to shoot sabots out of mine. I'll shoot a whole freaking package of those powerbelts at 50 yards and not a one will the same spot.
[font:Comic Sans MS][font:Comic Sans MS]Yeah, those things were making me crazy. I even thought is was something wrong with my barrel, funky Pyrodex Pellets, etc. I went back to some .429 XTP with green sabots and I was back in business.

I burned a whole darn pack of Powerbelt platinum aerotips and at 50 yards, same thing...all over the paper.

And all I've heard is "yap, yap, yap, yap how awesome they are" :crazy:

I got some SST 300gr and tossed the Hornaday sabots and slipped them into some Harvester crush rib sabots. Those shot well for me. Bullets impacts touched each other at 40yard over the hood of my truck into a sycamore. Good enough for me for now. (With a dirty barrel, I might add!)

Leon[/font]

dh1984

well heck if you all don't won't them i'll take every .50 cal. power belt bullet you got my knight loves them and i can hit the same place 3 times in a roll with less then a 1 cm between the holes

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
I tried a pack of PB one day at the range and I was all over the paper with them. Shot so badly that I went home and checked my scope mounts to see if they had gotten loose. I was about to throw the scope away until I went back to the range with some other brand of bullets which shot fine.

taxman

you boys should measure your bore diameter before you shoot anything out of a muzzle loader, they differ as much as .002-.004". Powerbelts are designed for .002" under .500 bores, which are most TC barrels, Knight barrels have a greater over-bore and CVA's are all over the place. i have been shooting Powerbelts since they hit the market and have killed many deer with them, from head, neck and body shots without a losing a single animal.

holstonangler

taxman said:
you boys should measure your bore diameter before you shoot anything out of a muzzle loader, they differ as much as .002-.004". Powerbelts are designed for .002" under .500 bores, which are most TC barrels, Knight barrels have a greater over-bore and CVA's are all over the place. i have been shooting Powerbelts since they hit the market and have killed many deer with them, from head, neck and body shots without a losing a single animal.

Ditto here.

My backup knight ml shoots 1.5" groups with them at 100. No lost deer(5), or for that matter I've never had to track one. It offered good pass-throughs and expansion with a 338 gr platinum.

As the ol sayin goes "it ain't the arrow, its the indian" lol

muddyboots

We were shooting saturday and one of the guys were shooting powerbelts. They shot about inside a paper plate at 50 yards. He said "thats pretty good for a muzzle loader isnt it." I told that if it suited him it suited me now lets move the target to 100 yards and let me shoot. He looked at me like i was an idiot. He left shaking his head and mumbling something under his breath after i was through shooting. LOL XTP's are whats in my wifes gun.

Latest posts