Plan worked again

landman

Didn't feel that good last night, slept in, missed church, finally felt some better and decided to hunt this afternoon.

I have a small bottom in between 2 steep hollows that has food on the tops, long a narrow, only hunt with some type of West wind. I can ease down a longing road and right before entering field in makes a hard turn which lets me sit on the ground but yet I'm 20' above the bottom which is about 225 yds long. Usually I no-till some winter green crop in a small part of it just to give does something to nibble on, it's a pre-rut/rut hunting spot Bucks chasing does in the thickets on hill sides and they cross off during chasing and cruising. It has yielded several Mature bucks, with always seeing activity, usually during MZ season, today was no different, had 2 small bucks chasing right when I set down. And in my part of Indian Mound we are just seeing chasing the last day or two, next a doe feed for an hour which I was hoping was bait, then finally another doe eases out and a minute later this guy walks out and across the narrow bottom to work a scrape.

It was a no reason to look at close with bino's for me, got on the shooting sticks and eased off a shot, I had just ranged the doe earlier at 192 yds, put my 200 yd mil dot right on him, he slowly walked out of the field about the time I got reloaded.
Give him about 25 minutes thinking I mite had pulled shot and hit liver, I was glassing along the ridge once I got there and he was only 25 yards in the woods, went about 55 yards , double lung shoot.

I have pics of him knowing he was at least 4.5 yr old, he's not going to be a high scoring deer, but that's fine with me.
He has a 30" neck 3 inches behind the ears, bigger than some of the rutting mule deer bucks I've killed, 11 pts, dressed at 168 lbs, he has a 2" sticker coming off the left base you can't see

Blessed to enjoyed Gods Creation today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2,193

landman

rem270":1j54wgmh said:
Congrats man!! I see you've took all the tips and tricks from DA and turning into a good deer hunter ;)

Since DA has become a Trophyism Hunter someone has to kill those so-so bucks.... :poke:

Latest posts