Blackhorn 209 - Again

Gmed

I know it's been hashed over recently and yes the price is ridiculous as of late, but anyone from upper East Tennessee (Tri-Cities area) know anywhere that has it in stock? Got a couple buddies needing some…..and yes, I told em nothing like waiting until the last minute to find something like that….

DoubleRidge

Guessing they already checked Mahoneys?
I live in middle TN but have been to Mahoneys when visiting family in Johnson City....only place that popped in my mind...hope they find what they need.

UTGrad

I saw some at Wal Mart in Cookeville.

I've been using BH209 for years but the prices are getting silly. It's really become a rip off from Hodgdon. I have considered shooting Triple 7 loose powder. I always clean my smoke poles after firing them any way, so the only advantage BH209 has over Triple 7 is a slight increase in velocity.

BH209 only has 8 ozs in a 1 lb container

You get 1 lb of 777 loose FFG in a1 lb container

BH209 is over $60
777 IS $40

Once I finish off my BH209, I'm done.

killingtime 41

I know it's been hashed over recently and yes the price is ridiculous as of late, but anyone from upper East Tennessee (Tri-Cities area) know anywhere that has it in stock? Got a couple buddies needing some…..and yes, I told em nothing like waiting until the last minute to find something like that….
You check Wally World on fort Henry Kingsport

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Long ways away, but Cabela's in Huntsville, AL had several containers of it last week @ $83 a bottle I think.

Update: 9/28/23 Cabela's HSV had about 10 bottles on the shelf, $79.99 each.

Last edited:

mike243

Having shot both 777 builds a crude ring and the other dont, that in itself is enough benefit to make me want to use bh, the price may force me to use 777 lol wont matter in a few years as it will be centerfire due to cwd like wTn

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I've been using BH209 for years but the prices are getting silly. It's really become a rip off from Hodgdon.
I agree the price is outrageous, given that it is about 2.5x what it was 3 years ago. That said though, I enjoy shooting my ML now with BH. I never shot 777, but I despised the cleanup with Pyrodex. I may not shoot it much due to cost, but I will keep shooting BH or give up the ML.

Southern Sportsman

I saw some at Wal Mart in Cookeville.

I've been using BH209 for years but the prices are getting silly. It's really become a rip off from Hodgdon. I have considered shooting Triple 7 loose powder. I always clean my smoke poles after firing them any way, so the only advantage BH209 has over Triple 7 is a slight increase in velocity.

BH209 only has 8 ozs in a 1 lb container

You get 1 lb of 777 loose FFG in a1 lb container

BH209 is over $60
777 IS $40

Makes me glad I never switched from 777 when BH209 came out. My gun shoots great with 777 and, although the crud ring can be annoying, I'm used to it and havent had to pull the breech plug to push through a stuck ramrod in a few years.

Latest posts