Outrageous processing fee!!

Lost Lake

Same here. I spend way too much time, amazes me how some say they can do a deer from field to freezer in .. minutes. I have hours into every deer, and I just don't seem to get any faster.
Yep. I can't do it any faster. From the time I get the equipment set up, til everything is cleaned, sanitized, and put away, it's three hours for one deer.

Spurhunter

amazes me how some say they can do a deer from field to freezer in .. minutes.
It's just like driving from x to y. People always throw out ridiculous times to one up everyone else. Nobody believes that 🐂💩. People always debate the fastest way to get from Memphis to Destin. I saw a discussion on Fakebook one time and some woman said I always go this way and it takes 5 and a half hours. I couldn't let that go. I said "it's 500 miles from Memphis to Destin. If you make it in 5 and a half hours you are averaging over 90 MPH and that's with no stops for gas or bathroom breaks." She still wouldn't admit she was full of it. She said "I'm just telling you how long it takes." Math is hard for some folks. 😅

Ski

Yeah I have no idea how folks do it fast AND a good job. I can't stand seeing meat on the carcass. When I'm done there's not much left for the buzzards. I also take my time to meticulously trim fat and connective tissue. It takes hours. Even when I'm peeling the hide I use a torch to burn off any hair and all the sticky underfat. I like clean, trim meat to pack away and that takes time.

Ski

So educate me, since I do my own when I even keep one... What do you get for the processing fee?

I drop my deer off and in return I get cuts that are well trimmed, vacuum packed, and labeled. Ground is packed in 3" tubes like if you bought ground meat at the grocery store. Pretty darn fair deal, IMO. Even though I process most of my own, I still drop a few off to the processor.

DaveTN

I drop my deer off and in return I get cuts that are well trimmed, vacuum packed, and labeled. Ground is packed in 3" tubes like if you bought ground meat at the grocery store. Pretty darn fair deal, IMO. Even though I process most of my own, I still drop a few off to the processor.
How long do you think it takes to do all that?

DaveTN

I've worked for 15 years. Made what use to be good money for this area. Now inflation has evaporated every bit of that. What most people don't understand is even if inflation go's to normal.prices don't come back to normal prices they stay inflated.
Exactly. Competition or supply and demand is the only thing that will drive prices down. Ammo and reloading supplies is an example. They will come down…. eventually.

Latest posts