Deer processing?

JJ3

I use Mathias in Brownsville. He charges $70 for basic processing, $10 to skin, $15 to cape and $25 if the deer isn't field dressed. So a field dressed deer, basic processing is $80. You pay extra to have fat added for burger or sausage or for tenderized steaks. He does a nice job, wrapped in butcher paper really well. Holds up in the freezer for several years no issue. Only problem is capacity and he will stop taking deer when he is full.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I use Mathias in Brownsville. He charges $70 for basic processing, $10 to skin, $15 to cape and $25 if the deer isn't field dressed. So a field dressed deer, basic processing is $80. You pay extra to have fat added for burger or sausage or for tenderized steaks. He does a nice job, wrapped in butcher paper really well. Holds up in the freezer for several years no issue. Only problem is capacity and he will stop taking deer when he is full.
I used Mathias for many years as it was on my route back home. They always did a good job and still are a good price. I went there once three years ago when hunting a different location and they had the sign up that they were full. That was the first time I ran into that problem. Maybe my timing was better during the other years. (Yeas ago they charged $10 if not field dressed then went up to $20 at some point and I see now its $25.)

I started using McCormics 4 seasons ago since it is close to where I hunt and I recently bought a place to stay that is nearby. I used that processor for my buck a few weeks ago; he is now closed for good after the end of muzzleloader season :(. I will probably try Mathias if I shoot another deer this season but will call first.

JJ3

I used Mathias for many years as it was on my route back home. They always did a good job and still are a good price. I went there once three years ago when hunting a different location and they had the sign up that they were full. That was the first time I ran into that problem. Maybe my timing was better during the other years. (Yeas ago they charged $10 if not field dressed then went up to $20 at some point and I see now its $25.)

I started using McCormics 4 seasons ago since it is close to where I hunt and I recently bought a place to stay that is nearby. I used that processor for my buck a few weeks ago; he is now closed for good after the end of muzzleloader season :(. I will probably try Mathias if I shoot another deer this season but will call first.
At $10 I got lazy and quit field dressing for years! Had to get back in practice last few years.

I always call before I go now

Latest posts