Outrageous processing fee!!

MUP

$135 where I take mine. Seems high, but I am sure finding help these days is difficult. Several processors in the area have closed up shop. Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.
Same thing around here, as all processors either stopped taking deer or closed their doors last year. I'm glad this one bought the one closest to me and began taking deer again!

Ski

I don't enjoy the work too much, but I'm really glad I do my own now.

Same here. I don't terribly enjoy it but nobody does the way I like it better than me.

That said if I'm just having straps and tenderloins cut off then grinding everything else, I'm happy to let processor do that. I butcher several every season by myself and it gets monotonous.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
They keep closing here due to CWD restrictions, but we have two left within 30 minute drive, one is $105 base processing which goes up from there for added fat, sausage, summer sausage etc. The other is $120 base + extras. The biggest issue I have is you don't know if they are taking deer or are full and rarely answer the phone when you call. I have been turned away multiple times now.

Lost Lake

Same here. I don't terribly enjoy it but nobody does the way I like it better than me.

That said if I'm just having straps and tenderloins cut off then grinding everything else, I'm happy to let processor do that. I butcher several every season by myself and it gets monotonous.
Yep. I'm not the best and it takes me three hours, but I'm super selective.

Cutting up grind meat gets boring!

Latest posts