Ok vols / dawgs

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I didn't think TN would beat Alabama.
I really wasn't sure they would beat the Wildcats.
Do they keep on doing what they do or do they go down to the Dawgs !???

Figures I'm gonna miss the game but gonna record it and SEE if I can avoid hearing or seeing anything about it till I get home.

I feel it's gonna be another barn burner like Alabama but sheesh who knows WHAT they are gonna do???
I need to be tazed for sure.

RobDooley

I agree with "cbhunter". I don't know where that Tennessee defense came from, but they played lights out. Georgia's defense is really tough. Has anyone looked at UGA schedule? Powder Puff. The only ranked team UGA have played is #11 Oregon (which proved to be overrated) in season opener. UGA is big, strong and fast. Without a doubt, it will be UGA biggest test since Missouri. GBO.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
People
I agree with "cbhunter". I don't know where that Tennessee defense came from, but they played lights out. Georgia's defense is really tough. Has anyone looked at UGA schedule? Powder Puff. The only ranked team UGA have played is #11 Oregon (which proved to be overrated) in season opener. UGA is big, strong and fast. Without a doubt, it will be UGA biggest test since Missouri. GBO.
People in the east keep saying that Oregon has proven to be overrated, but they keep blowing out everybody not named UGA. UGA has played the schedule that they had this season, and so far several of the teams that were expected to be good have not been… kinda like UT playing Pitt. UGA's schedule can hardly be called a powder puff by a levelheaded objective observer, although UT's is obviously stronger.

UT stands a really good chance in this game. I would say that just about any season, but especially the team that they have this season. They're firing on all cylinders, and all of the pieces just seem to fit right.

UGA has a talented team, but it's not last year's team defensively, and that defense took a few more hits in the last few days losing leaders (not just talented players) in the secondary and LB corps. They've also just seemed a bit "off" at times offensively, whereas UT has seemed more cohesive due to their experience.

Obviously, statistically UGA has the edge on defense, and UT has the edge offensively. Neither is a slouch on the other side of the ball though, so it should be a slugfest. You just never can tell how 18-21yr old kids will show up to play, though.

Hopefully it's a great game, but obviously I hope that UGA comes out on top. Only time will tell. I will be hunting on Saturday at game time though, unless I get a buck in the morning.

Spurhunter

People in the east keep saying that Oregon has proven to be overrated, but they keep blowing out everybody not named UGA.
Oregon was overrated, preseason. But I don't think they are now. They've beaten two Top 12 teams since the UGA beatdown. They haven't had a close game except Washington State. I don't think any of the one loss teams behind them want to play them right now. They are a good football team. If they played UGA tomorrow, I think they would lose again, but not 49-3.

encore06

Tn defense was good last night against a terrible UK offense. Levis, for whatever reason, only attempted 2 passes down field. One was dropped and the other intercepted. UGA will not make that mistake. I hate to say it, but UT offense is fun to watch play. Hopefully UGA will defend Hyatt better the Alabama and UK. UGA by 17

THEdonkey0515

They are a good football team. If they played UGA tomorrow, I think they would lose again, but not 49-3.
Agree,

You could flip that and say the same about UT vs Pitt. Fans of other programs always quick to point out it was a OT win against a overrated Pitt team to try and bring UT down.....If those teams played Saturday it would still end it a UT win, but by about 30pts. This time.

PalsPal

and that defense took a few more hits in the last few days losing leaders (not just talented players) in the secondary and LB corps.

That doesn't bode well for GA.

One of the keys is getting pressure on Hooker. If he has time to allow a route to open up, it will be tough. So far, the OLine and RBs have done a great job giving him just enough time. Then, you have to account for his running. I thought last night that he had some opportunities to keep on the read option that he didn't.

Concerning GA's offense, I think a controlled passing game with the tight ends working the middle will give us trouble.

I look for a great game.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
That doesn't bode well for GA.

One of the keys is getting pressure on Hooker. If he has time to allow a route to open up, it will be tough. So far, the OLine and RBs have done a great job giving him just enough time. Then, you have to account for his running. I thought last night that he had some opportunities to keep on the read option that he didn't.

Concerning GA's offense, I think a controlled passing game with the tight ends working the middle will give us trouble.

I look for a great game.
Agreed on all of it

Latest posts