Official East TN Rut Report

remmag

Buddy killed a 7 point on thnx giving
This morning I seen 4 does and about a hour later a big bodied 3 point was on their trail
Nose to the ground

RackHntr

Seen 3 does easing through the woods this evening. Waited for a buck to come behind them. Nothing! I dont think its kicked in here in Greene county yet!

VenisonCrazy

It seems everything has disappeared here in Sevier co lol. I thought this cold snap would kick em in but I haven't seen anything resembling rut activity.

pathfindr92

The buck I killed last week was cruising the edge of a thicket, he seemed to be scent checking for does. He wasnt really swollen up yet and his tarsals werent very dark either. I talked to another guy hunting in the area and he'd seen a buck with a doe that morning. I havent seen as much sign as usual for this time of year.

muzzle

The bucks have been weird this year, seen some rubs and scrapes early then nothing and when I thought it may kick in hard up here it didnt and hasnt yet, not that I've seen. 11 does came into a field yesterday in Sullivan Co 1 1/2 hours before dark and no bucks anywhere. I've not seen the scrapes or rubs that you would usually see around this time of year. I just dont know what is going on with them this year.

hancockhunter

I agree. This year is a weird rut. 2 weeks ago field and stream rut report stated the primary rut in the mid south was over. My personal experience suggests otherwise as I have not seen one buck while hunting this year. Hoping a typical rut kicks in within the next week or so.

Winchester

Well my prediction of the last week being great rut hunting here was definitely wrong! Although we still had some good hunting and saw quite a lot of bucks, the rut has been very weird this yr for us. Bucks in general have not reacted anything like normal this yr. I think the Mast failure has played a big role.