Next bama coach

Bucket

20240111_183808.jpg

PalsPal

Uh, I have green stripes on some, so not sure what's been said.

I made a post earlier stating that there were internet rumors that Saban's wife may have very serious health issues, and stated that I hoped it wasn't true.

Later, I saw where Saban denied any health issues and posted that, as well as editing my original post to that effect.

Carry on!

bowhunterfanatic

Looking very likely Deboer will be the next guy and I'm here for it! He inherited a loaded roster at Wash, which he would do at Bama as well, but he's never proven to be a great recruiter. Going from Saban to anyone else is a step down. I hope Saban to Deboer is more akin to falling off a cliff if he is indeed the next coach.

prstide

LOL

Just like the Vols never offered anyone the job until they finally had a coach. UT was never turned down, either.
Believe what you'd like to believe. Lanning wasn't ever contacted. Norvell is supposedly interviewing today but there is NCAA sanctions looming that aren't going to help his chances. Neither have been offered the job.

scn

Believe what you'd like to believe. Lanning wasn't ever contacted. Norvell is supposedly interviewing today but there is NCAA sanctions looming that aren't going to help his chances. Neither have been offered the job.
Again, just like Franklin wasn't offered the Vols job on the last search before they ended up with Heupel.

All of the initial negotiations are done with their agents so at the end of the search they can say they didn't offer anyone except the coach they ended up with.

THEdonkey0515

Since you know, who has bama offered? Since Lanning who many bama analyst say was the number one target wasn't even contacted.

They are over 24 hours in what they hoped would be a 72 hour hire, so im sure they have reached out to multiple people at this point.

Last edited:

bowhunterfanatic

So Lanning felt the need to come out and tell the world he wasn't going anywhere just based on speculation?

THEdonkey0515

So Lanning felt the need to come out and tell the world he wasn't going anywhere just based on spespeculation?
I would bet anything Lanning or his agent was atleast contacted by bama.

Was he offered the Job or flown to Tuscaloosa possibly not. Was him or his agent given a phone call to see if he was interested? I think most would agree he was. Same for sharkisin, DeBorer, Lane, Norvell, and probably Dabo at this point.

Last edited:

Latest posts