Next bama coach

Bamamonts

Franchione became the head coach at the University of Alabama in 2001 and led the team, which had posted a 3–8 record the prior season, to a 7–5 record in 2001"
I remember him leaving. He got on the plane wearing a Bama shirt and got off wear a Texas A&M shirt. I did like the Option offense they ran back then.
and their fifth consecutive Iron Bowl loss to in state rival Auburn
I also remember that. They said fear the thumb. 😂

All of that is why I'm thankful for the run Bama has had with Saban. I hate it's over but it was a great run.

Bamamonts

I suspect their top targets are:
Lanning
Deboer(sp?)
Norvell
Kiffin

All would have Bama back in the playoffs next year.

Nick was the greatest coach of modern times, and certainly in a small group for the greatest ever. Bama won't miss much of a beat.
I hear a lot of talk about Lanning and I would be happy with that but my pick is still Kiffin.

Bamamonts

1704986509697.png

scn

My interesting take from the morning:

With the speculation that the retirement is due to health problems for his wife, my Bama friend at work has thrown out what would happen if someone did a "hit" on Ms Terri.
Would he come back?

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
My interesting take from the morning:

With the speculation that the retirement is due to health problems for his wife, my Bama friend at work has thrown out what would happen if someone did a "hit" on Ms Terri.
Would he come back?
I wouldn't put it past some Bama fans to do that very thing…unfortunately :(

Crow Terminator

These same names get tossed around with every head coach opening and none of them have shown any evidence of being all that great. They just play musical chairs and have basically the same record anywhere they go. For that reason, I hope it's somebody outside the same ole same ole names. Heck I'd take Donald Trump over the regular names like Kiffin, Dooley, Jones, etc.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
These same names get tossed around with every head coach opening and none of them have shown any evidence of being all that great. They just play musical chairs and have basically the same record anywhere they go. For that reason, I hope it's somebody outside the same ole same ole names. Heck I'd take Donald Trump over the regular names like Kiffin, Dooley, Jones, etc.
A sane post. I too believe that Alabama is smart enough to know to not pick from the coaching carousel.

cbhunter

I suspect their top targets are:
Lanning
Deboer(sp?)
Norvell
Kiffin

All would have Bama back in the playoffs next year.

Nick was the greatest coach of modern times, and certainly in a small group for the greatest ever. Bama won't miss much of a beat.
Lots of truth to that. Won't be as good, but not falling of the face of earth immediately either

Latest posts