Newb question re: tn regs and field dressing

Black Titan

Hey folks,

Just wanted to try and get clarification on a couple of things that kind of confuse me in the hunter's manual.

Checking in vs tagging and dragging - do I have to do BOTH if I plan to take the deer to a processor? Or is checking in on the app enough?

Follow up to previous question - TN says to leave deer where gender can be identified until check- in. Does checking in on the app fulfill this requirement, and then I can proceed to field dress the deer? If taking to a processor do I need to make sure and leave the gender intact?

If taking to a processor, and need to leave the gender intact, on a buck, how am I to remove the urethra without spillage? I've watched several videos on field dressing - never done it myself - and none seem to address this I guess because not all states require the gender to be left on the animal, but I've heard it mentioned that the urethra needs to be cut.

BT

MickThompson

Leave the head on. Presence or absence of antlers antlers suffices.

The deer must be tagged physically then checked or checked on the app in the field. The processor won't accept it without a harvest confirmation number. If they will take it without that, run.

Andy S.

Checking in on app and getting confirmation number is enough to move deer and transport to skinning pole or processor. Most processors will ask for your hunting license number and check in confirmation number when they take your deer. I check in on app, then field dress deer in the woods, and I do not worry about or save any genitalia to accompany me to skinning pole or processor. Never had an issue.