New and Confused by Regs

rccola

Hey Guys,
I'm trying to figure out which WMA hunts to put in for. I live between Maynardville and New Tazewell, so the Chuck Swan is definitely on the list. For some reason I can't get the interactive map to show me the layout of the Oak Ridge WMA? Also looking at a couple others, and curious about the TVA opportunities. Any input from other locals? I enjoy archery and rifle hunting. Thanks everyone!
Ryan

Tenntrapper

rccola

Catoosa and North Cumberland are fairly close to you. I'm on the other side of clinch mountain from you and could help with tva around Cherokee. Otherwise, here is the map of their areas....the purple areas.

Thank you. I'll check them out for sure. If I dig into the Cherokee area, I'll reach out. I appreciate the help!

JeepKuntry

OnX shows the Oak Ridge area. You could read the topo maps and set pins to look at. I would assume the same could be done for Chuck Swan. I have always steered clear on it due to it counting against your bag limit. As for TVA, arc gis has a map that shows huntable pieces in purple. Just do some searching for that on google.

killingtime 41

Get use to straight up and straight down walking. Look around what's open same as statewide and which ones are quota hunts. Overall not many are quota hunts compared to overall WMA's.

knightrider

Hey Guys,
I'm trying to figure out which WMA hunts to put in for. I live between Maynardville and New Tazewell, so the Chuck Swan is definitely on the list. For some reason I can't get the interactive map to show me the layout of the Oak Ridge WMA? Also looking at a couple others, and curious about the TVA opportunities. Any input from other locals? I enjoy archery and rifle hunting. Thanks everyone!
Ryan
Do your homework and scout alot and there is as good a bucks in chuckswan as there is in any other east tn counties!

Latest posts